• Thanks for all the comments on my half marathon; I’m stoked about the PR but can’t help wondering if I can beat it on the 10th at Mississauga...
• More thanks for the concern over my little frostbite incident. I’m happy to report that it’s a lot better now – still pink and warm to the touch, but not stinging much and it didn’t blister. Phew!
• Logged a 5.5K recovery run yesterday to work out the kinks – legs felt pretty good.
• 9.6K tonight at the park where I did most of my long runs last summer.
• Bugs were out in full force – I swallowed a huge mouthful in the first 100m and by the time I finished I had little black specks all over my face. Ew.
• The weather has been seriously awesome. Love it! It's about time.
• Sporting Life 10K coming up this weekend - 13000 runners barrelling down Yonge Street. Can't wait!
• I don't have an official goal, except that I'd like to beat last year's 49:10; we'll see if I have it in me. When I'm running all these back-to-back races, I know I shouldn't be racing all of them.
Last week Amanda and Heather tagged me (thanks!) for Crazy 8's, so here's some more random info about ME:
8 things to which I'm looking forward
1. a bubble bath and book before bed tonight
2. Dinner with friends on Friday
3. SL10K Sunday
4. New Moon the movie
5. marathon training this summer
6. Hubby's first marathon (November)
7. Christmas in Cuba
8. Walt Disney World and the Goofy Challenge in January '10
8 things I did yesterday
1. grocery shopping on my lunch break
2. started planning our Canada Day BBQ
3. went for a run
4. ate half a tub of hummus (yum)
5. washed the kitchen floor
6. watched The Biggest Loser
7. put away the winter running stuff
8. registered for the Ottawa Half Marathon (see below)
8 things I would like to do
1. take the summer off
2. travel the world
3. win the lottery (this would help with no. 1 and 2)
4. learn to play piano
5. paint our house
6. follow a meal plan every week
7. re-read the Twilight series
8. stop taking blood thinners (2 more weeks)
8 shows I watch
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Private Practice
4. The Biggest Loser
7. Amazing Race
8. What Not To Wear
This thing has been going around for a while now, so I won't bother tagging 8 more people... but if you want to play along, please do!
So what's this I hear about the Ottawa Half Marathon? A group of friends from my running group are staying at someone's cottage for the weekend and I was offered free transportation and accommodations. At first I was just going to go along as part of the support crew, but the race addict inside me couldn't resist the opportunity for another half - especially at the National Capital Race Weekend. So I signed up! I've never even been to Ottawa, so this should be a fun way to see some of the city.
DC Races, You’re All My Favorites!
1 day ago