CEP offers medical grade compression - Legal Performance Enhancement for the Athlete!
How it works:
info from CEP
Arteries are blood vessels that transport oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the organs and muscles. The musculature of the arterial wall reacts to changes in pressure. The patented compression of CEP socks increases the ambient pressure.
Increased pressure -> relaxes musculature in the arterial wall -> increases arterial diameter -> improves blood flow through the arteries.
Improved blood flow = Improved performance!
- A faster run;
- An easier run;
- Quicker regeneration;
CEP sent me their Running O2 Compression Socks.
Give yourself an edge with CEP Running O2 Compression Socks featuring 18-25mmHg compression. Used by professional triathletes around the world, CEP running socks are the first scientifically proven compression running socks to maximize power, boost energy, and speed recovery time. See what all the buzz is about and try CEP Running O2 socks today. With a 30-day money back guarantee, you have nothing to lose. Available for men and women in white, black or pink. Sold per pair.
CEP Running O2 Sportsocks maximize muscle oxygenation and boost energy with CEP's unparalleled scientifically optimized ultimate compression technology for all-day benefits. You’ll run with less effort, increased speed, decreased recovery time, reduced fatigue and optimized performance.
Advantages & Features:
- Pre-exercise - muscle activation and reduction of injury risk
- During Exercise - optimized performance and stabilization, reduced muscle strain
- Post-Exercise - quicker and shorter recovery phase
- Achilles heel support - additional support of the Achilles tendon protects and prevents irritable tendons.
- Ventilation channels – create a pleasant foot climate.
- Padded sole - special support of the foot sole prevents blisters.
- Anatomically-shaped inline seams – CEP socks come with a left and right model and, as a result, adjust to the anatomy of the foot for a perfect fit thanks to medi’s three-dimensional manufacturing process.
- CellTex ® Fiber finishing - a new refinement of thread (without chemical additives) facilitates the biological activation of skin cells and provides a comfortable, skin sympathetic and climate-regulating wear.
- iPS® Integrated power system - a defined compression with scientifically patented pressure profile improves blood circulation and enhances performance.
- Shin protection
- Material - 85% Polyamid, 15% Elasthan
I also received a pair of All Sports Compression Sleeves
CEP compression sleeves are the first truly functional compression sport sleeve with a patented pressure flow technology that provide a scientifically proven increase in blood circulation and a consequent increase in performance. CEP sleeves provide more oxygen, more energy, an improved metabolization of lactic acid, and faster recovery so you can return to training quicker than ever.
I was excited to try out my compression socks in hot pink and compression calf sleeves in white.
I love that both the socks and sleeves have custom sizing based on calf circumference. They feel very snug to pull on, but this means that they fit properly! The fabric feels very light once it's on - super stretchy and comfy!
I spent a lot of time wearing the recovery socks after runs (including post-marathon pictured above) before giving them a try during a run. It felt pretty unusual at first, but I quickly got comfortable and found that my legs felt great! I had a little extra bounce in my step and it was nice to know that my muscles were so well supported. I also got a ton of compliments and questions, which made for some good on-the-run discussions.
Next I tried the calf sleeves. They felt similar around my calves to the recovery socks, but offered the option of wearing my usual running socks - a big plus for anoybody who is very particular/sensitive to what is on their feet. Once again they felt fantastic and also solicited a ton of comments.
With products like these, it's difficult to give a definitive answer as to whether or not they have improved running and recovery since these things can vary from day to day based on a number of factors. That being said, they felt great and will definitely be circulating in my wardrobe regularly.
Thanks again CEP!
Have you tried any compression products? Any comments or suggestions?