Thursday, March 15, 2007

Now THAT is determination

It was still mild after work yesterday so I decided to skip the gym and go for another run outside with Mark. But of course, it started raining just as we were leaving. I nearly chickened out, but Mark convinced me to go for it anyway. And of course, it didn't just rain. It POURED. You have to understand, I don't do rain. Being outside in the rain is about my least favourite thing to do. It's right above being outside in a blizzard. With bare feet. So... this is a big deal!

We took a different 5 KM route with even more hills. There was one giant hill right near the end and I actually had to look down at the sidewalk and take it one square at a time. When I looked up, all I could think was I am never going to make it up this hill! But I made it, one square at a time. It turns out we ran even faster than the day before. We did it in 31 minutes, average speed of 5.5 mph. My legs are S-O-R-E this morning.

No comments: