Saturday, October 04, 2008

You guys are funny!

Thanks for the suggestions, but I think I'll stil to the 'thons as opposed to the 'thlons... I could really use the cross-training, but I don't have any interest in tri's/du's. For now.

I should have known at least one of you would mention the Ultra. Sure, a short time ago I probably said "I'll never run a marathon" but I don't think I'll be going any further than this for a while.

So the blog title remains in limbo for now, until I can think of something good. 2009 race plans coming soon...maybe it'll hit me then. :)

But before I get ahead of myself, I still have a 10K coming up in two weeks (Oasis Zoo Run) and a half marathon in 4 (Road2Hope Hamilton). Not sure what to expect for the 10K because it's through the ZOO, so there will be lots of tight turns, rolling hills and animal-watching! My 10K PR was a down-hill race on a straight stretch of road, so I doubt I can come close to that, not to mention being only 3 weeks after my first marathon. Definitely going for a PR in Hamilton on November 2nd and hoping to finally crack the 2:00:00 barrier.

Went for a nice 8.25K this morning in the cool, crisp and refreshing October air. This is my favourite time of year. Pace was quick at 5:21/KM. I may try something a little longer tomorrow, but I may also be slightly hungover from my hubby's Birthday bash tonight... so we'll see.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

have fun tonight... wish him a happy birthday from us! i was supposed to run the zoo race too... i enjoyed it last year as it was my first "real" race. You'll do an amazing job in both, and i am confident you'll break the 2hr barrier :)

Marky Mark said...

hmmmm-didn't know about that Hamilton half and now I'm tempted, especially as there is an extra hour's sleep the night before...

Zorbs said...

The Hamilton half (running partner and I were just talking about it today) goes RIGHT by our default long run route in Confederation Park..it's flat as a board, you'll like it.

Marci said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubs! Way to get out there and train again. I think you are well-positioned to run a sub two hour marathon!

Saface Macdonald said...

We will be in Hamilton cheering you on! xoxo

Thanks for the comments they meant the world to me!

Marcy said...

It's all good. I think we need more runners to stay put anyway. It seems like they all venture over to the tri route . . . but not me. That stuff scares the skiz outta me LOL

Marcy said...

I meant "shiz" LOL