Friday, April 23, 2010

This week in running

Thanks for all of your comments on my Montréal recaps.

Now that I'm back into the swing of things at home, let's get caught up on this week in running.

After getting home late Monday night and being up til 1:30AM (several hours past my bedtime), combined with going back to an extremely hectic day at work, I was exhausted. All I could manage on Tuesday was an easy 5K and I am just fine with that!

On Wednesday I headed out at lunch for a quick 10K, somewhere between half marathon and goal marathon pace (5:21/KM = 8:36/mi). After work I was able to meet up with a friend who ran Boston on Monday (!!!) for a nice little recovery run.

And finally, yesterday we had 7x800m Yasso repeats! As usual, I find myself between pace groups (kind of like pants sizes, hmmm....) but found someone to run with me and asked me to set the pace. My goal was to aim for the same splits as last week* (or better), increasingly faster throughout the workout.

Results: 3:51, 3:48, 3:44, 3:44, 3:37, 3:31, 3:24 (average 3:40)

*Last week: 3:54, 3:54, 3:43, 3:37, 3:32, 3:27 (average: 3:41)

Success!

***

Today - rest!

Tomorrow - easy 10K

Sunday - The Big One: 37K/23mi


Have a great weekend!

35 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

Good luck on your runs this weekend!!

Jocelyn said...

Nice job on your runs this week! I am so behind on my blog reading! i gotta read your race recap!

Sarah said...

37k! Enjoy :)

Tricia said...

have a great weekend!

Lily on the Road said...

Kind of like pant sizes, that is funny!!

Have a great weekend Dawlink!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Great week! Rock that 23 miler!

Anonymous said...

Good job on your runs this week. And hope you enjoy your rest day, you totally deserve it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Good job on your runs this week. And hope you enjoy your rest day, you totally deserve it!! :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

Woman you are killing me!!!! I can't keep up this crazy pace you have. Your week in running is my month!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh great job.

Marky Mark said...

Mississauga here you come!

Anonymous said...

ha! pace groups...pants sizes...all in-between craziness! ;)

Love that you always bounce right back into the swing of things!

misszippy said...

Good week of running. I hope the big one goes well on Sunday!

Denise said...

rest up! kick butt on your 23 miler and have a great wknd!

Heather said...

Have a great big long run this weekend! I'm doing my big one this weekend too - 22 miles. Should be fun!

Teamarcia said...

Your running weeks always look so darn great! I have yet to run apres Boston-this weekend for sure.
Good luck and have fun with 'the big one'! :0

Aron said...

nice job on the week!!! have great runs this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent progression with those splits, Marlene!!!

Gotta Run..... said...

you are a running machine!

Sarah said...

Wow...you are fast!! Hope you have a great long run!

ShutUpandRun said...

3:24??? Awesome. I did 7x800 yassos this week too and they really hurt me. Not easy. Lots of mental strength required. Good luck on the 23 miler. You will kill it.

MCM Mama said...

Great job on the speedy intervals! Quite impressive. Have a great long run this weekend.

Emz said...

okay, I am loving the:

pace groups = like pants sizes comment. ... that's the best.

[re: your comment on my post] okay, I think you may need to put your contact lenses in but I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVE YOU FOR IT. ;) I am 5'10 but in the photo I am wearing 4.5" heels. My hubby is 6'8" [without shoes on]! I wear whatever heels I damn well please. ;) LOVE THAT!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

LOL I am totally between pant sizes..

The BIG ONE!!! Rock it out sister...

Anne said...

Look at those speedy intervals...you are hardcore!Have a great one on Sunday!!

joyRuN said...

Dang. Those are insane 800 times!

J said...

Haha I love the comment about pant sizes! I totally feel you on that one!! Great job on the intervals speedy!

H Love said...

23 miles...wow!! thanks for making the conversion...I am lost otherwise.

ajh said...

Good luck on the 23! You will do well!

Unknown said...

What a great job on your Yasso's! Have a nice weekend!

Amy said...

Sounds like a good week. I'm sure you'll wrap it up with an amazing long run this weekend!

X-Country2 said...

Good luck! You sound so ready.

teacherwoman said...

Success indeed!

Good luck this weekend!

Jamie said...

You rock! Nice job on the week! Hope the 23 miles were just as awesome!

Lindsay said...

oooh a 23miler tomorrow!! have fun, run strong! eat a big brunch for me! :)

Nicole said...

great job on all the runs lady!!! i hope the 23 miler goes well tomorrow! kick ass seabass!