I made a last minute decision to add on a couple of miles last night by running to/from our weekly clinic session instead of driving. It was a good way to shake out the legs and I got a light stretch in between because our guest speaker was a Yoga for Runners instructor.
This morning I set out for a nice recovery run as planned, 10K in just under an hour.
Lacey tagged me to play a little game of ten things about you, so here we go! I've done so many of these "random fact" posts that I think I'll follow Lacey's lead and go with a theme.
Let's talk FOOD! I'm deep in marathon training mode and you know what that means... all I want to do is EAT!
Ten things I love to eat during marathon training:
1. smoothies with greek yogurt, banana, frozen mixed fruit and lots of spinach - post-run recovery drink! (but my blender is not working at the moment! CATASTROPHE!)
2. olive oil pasta with sautéed bell peppers, zucchini, red onion,baby tomatoes and spinach; add some grilled chicken and fresh parmesan - Saturday night dinner!
3. chickpea and quinoa salad with whatever veggies need to be used up - awesome work lunch!
4. turkey sub on honey oat, loaded with veggies, sweet onion sauce - I love my Subway
5. chocolate milk - okay, not a food, but MUST to be mentioned!
6. Kashi cereal with yogurt - weekday breakfast!
7. GU!! (is that food?)
8. bagel w/ peanut butter and nutella - long run breakfast of choice!
9. omelet with extra egg whites, veggies and feta - breakfast # 2 on long run day!
10. Rice Works Brown Rice Crisps - mmmmm, munchies!
TAG, you're it!!! (first comment on each of my last three posts):
Tall Mom recently challenged us to show off what's in our drawers. Let's see those race shirts! Here's some of my collection. This should be most of them, but I'm certain a few are missing.
DC Races, You’re All My Favorites!
1 day ago