Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Plateau

I'm a little bummed today because the scale has been stuck at 184 since Sunday. I know plateaus are always normal, so hopefully I'll be down some more over the next couple days. It's much more fun to wake up and discover that I lost another pound!

So I went to the gym with Mom last night and had a good workout. I wish I had one of these machines at home. I could easily do it every day. The hard part is getting to the gym. And it's going to be even harder when we move to the next town at the end of the month. My membership at this gym goes til April so I will have to try to keep going regularly until then.

I tried a chickpea recipe from Cheryl (prairie_girl) yesterday - can of chickpeas rinsed and drained, tossed in olive oil and seasoning, then baked. I liked the taste, but I am not a fan of the texture of chickpeas. I'm way too picky. I gave the batch to Mom and she seems to love them. I have to try to find another crunchy, salty snack that does not involve nuts. I have to save my daily nut allowance for my fudgsicle-PB-whip, which I can't hav today because I had almonds. Boo!

Tonight I am making a lemon-poppy loaf for my boss. He has a very important exam for his professional designation on Thursday and I want to send him a little something tomorrow. I can't believe I am going to make this (I love it!) and I don't get to have any.

Anyway, the plan for today is as follows:

B: 2 yummy quiches, cucumber & celery slices
S: ginseng-lemon-honey green tea, 15 almonds
L: Caesar salad (Renée's) with 2 slices of chicken bacon and some part-skim mozzarella
S: part-skim cheesestring, 3 slices of lean turkey
D: ???
We are heading to our brother- and sister-in-law's right after work so I won't really have time to prepare anything and I certainly won't be eating what everyone else is having (spaghetti!). I'll probably try to eat a quick snack and have my dinner when we get home.

That's all for today...

No comments: