Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Reflections

Yesterday night I had my fitness assessment at my new gym, Persechini Fitness Centre. I'll share the all important numbers (weight, body fat, measurements) after my re-assessment in eight weeks. I can't wait to start weight training again and get into a routine. I will continue to run outside at least once a week and probably run on the treadmill a couple days, but my main goal for the fall and winter is to stick to a strict 1 hour/4 days per week weight training plan. It's going to be tough, but the results will be worth it. Or so I'm told. :)

Some of the questions that the trainer was asking got me thinking... this time last year, starting to run had never even crossed my mind! In January, I was thrilled to have run for 30 minutes straight. Hubby and I were just saying that we're going to hit the gym tonight for an "easy 5 K" on the treadmill. 8 months ago, running 5 KM was a huge accomplishment for me. Pretty amazing what I can do if I put my mind (and body!) to it.

4 days til the race!

1 comment:

Christy said...

It is pretty crazy how quickly you can do something when you set your mind to it. I think back to in April when I tried to run 3k outside and thought I was going to die! Same a you 5k is now an easy run.

Feels so good doesn't it :)