Monday, July 04, 2011

Week 4

This week was definitely a bust as far as marathon training goes, being unable to run for 4 days thanks to my bad toe. I won't bother with a typical day to day summary, since there isn't much to report.

I managed to put in some mileage on my bike during the mini hiatus (25K Tuesday, 10K Wednesday, 6K [with hubs while he ran] Thursday) and in the mean time my toe slowly healed.

Thankfully I was able to run the races I had planned for Friday and Sunday - race reports to follow!!

I probably could have put in some more mileage over the long weekend since my toe was fine, but my heart just wasn't in to it after my week was so messed up. I decided to run my races, enjoy a busy long weekend of festivities and forget the training plan. *gasp*



This is certainly not like me, but I ended up enjoying the down time and have no regrets. In the grand scheme of things, this week isn't going to make much difference come October.

On to a new week... hopefully without setbacks!

20 comments:

fancy nancy said...

Sometimes an unscheduled time off is just what you need mentally! Here's to a great upcoming week!!

Teamarcia said...

Haha I'm sure the rest will serve you well!

misszippy said...

Glad the toe is back to cooperating. You're absolutely right--you will not miss a beat by taking a little extra rest. It's all good.

Cory Reese said...

DEFINITELY without any setbacks.

Good luck!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

sometimes we need the rest. plus you showed your bike some love. that's important if we are ever going to get you to cross over to the dark side ...

kristen said...

A little extra rest is almost like hitting the re-set button. Things feel new and good again when you start back up!

Anonymous said...

hey, rest is a good thing. especially on long weekends! enjoy it and u will be back and running in no time!

Johann said...

I think I feel very much like you do about missing workouts/rest. But in the end everyone is right and it is good. As long as it is done with moderation:) Have a good week!

Char said...

There's nothing else that you can do when you're sick or injured - time off is always the best medicine. It's great that you were able to recover in time for your races.

Richelle said...

I'm so happy that your toe was feeling good enough to tough out two races. I can't wait to read about how they went.

Denise said...

good for you! you've been putting in so much time and hard work, you deserve to kick back and have fun!

congrats on the PR!! woo hoo!

and when are we doing our first tri together...

Jill said...

Thankfully it was 4 days and not 4 months!!! :)

ajh said...

I don't think it is like you to forget the plan. Good for you! Maybe I can learn from you.

J said...

Definitely not your typical week but you made the best of it and I know the rest will only help you in the long run!

Anonymous said...

I've had the sore toe thing, and ran a half marathon on it ... ouchie, ouchie!! Good on you for taking a break, I bet it well feel very worth it this week :)

Q said...

I think you deserved a break!

Nicole said...

I cant wait to read your race reports! :)

Laura said...

So glad you enjoyed some relaxing time..can't wait to read the race reports.

macnic said...

Sometimes, having fun trumps everything else. Plus a PR deserves it!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a little down time is the best thing you can do for yourself. I hope you had a nice relaxing weekend! :)