Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 2011

Total Run Mileage: 328.0 KM/203.8 mi

Highest Weekly Run Mileage: 92.3 KM/57.4 mi (this week)

# Runs: 31

# [Run] Doubles/Triples: 3

Cycling Mileage: 206.2 KM/128.1 mi

# Swims (Distance): 13 (7450m)

Races: Canada Day 5K, Sydenham Olympic Tri Relay, Rebecca Run 5K

Favourite Run: I had one workout earlier this month that went exactly as I planned/hoped: 4 x 2000 intervals in Week 5; I think this one is my favourite since most of the rest of my workouts this month have been tougher than I'd like!



Most Hardcore Run: Bug Mania run in the woods

Book of the Month: Saving Max by Antoinette Van Huegten - great read about a mentally ill adolescent accused of murder in the psychiatric hospital

Song of the Month: I'm loving Jet Lag by Simple Plan

Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Big Brother! admit it, who else is hooked??



Obsession of the Month: all things triathlon!

Indulgence of the Month: far too much junk and booze on our camping long weekend


who needs a wine glass?
don't mind hubs in the background...

Drink of the Month: diet pink grapefruit soda














Current Wish-List: a tri or road bike. yes, I JUST bought my hybrid.

Current Need: another day of this weekend: good thing it's a holiday in Ontario tomorrow! :-D

Triumph of the Month: taking up swimming and cycling and successfully incorporating tri training with my current marathon training.

Current Bane of my Existence: ongoing heat and humidity are sucking the life out of my runs

Current Blessings: an endless bounty of veggies from Grandma's garden!



Current Excitement: planning a trip to Napa in March 2012!

Current Goal: to complete my first duathlon and triathlon this month intact with a smile on my face!


How was July for you?

29 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow you did a lot!!! :)

My July was pretty good as well and on my way to my first marathon in October!! I cannot wait!!

Raquelita said...

You are so inspiring! I can't wait to read about your first du and tri!

Angie said...

You had a great month!! Congrats! Keep up the awesome work :)

Nicole said...

What a great month Marlene! Keep it up!!!! :)

Sara said...

NIce month! Very inspiring.

And that Pink Grapefruit soda sounds awesome! I'd love to try it if they made it here, but I don't think I've ever seen it before!

Unknown said...

Alright, I'll admit it...I LOVE Big Brother! I hate but love that it comes on 3x a week...so addicting!

Unknown said...

Impressive mileage for July. It's been a tough month with the heat and humidity so way to go.
Long live PC's Diet Grapefruit drink.

Em said...

aw I love this! I may just use it on my blog, if you don't mind!

Unknown said...

Congrats on another AWESOME month.
Channeling some of your great momentum and positive vibes.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Unknown said...

Congrats on another AWESOME month.
Channeling some of your great momentum and positive vibes.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Denise said...

oooh, big brother!! i love how last night went down. i won't say any more though in case you didn't see it yet. :-)

great month, rock star!! so much going on for you right now!! august is going to be a great month.

Jason said...

You are killing it these days. Keep up the great work you are an inspiration to many.

Johann said...

You had a really good month. Mine was good as well. I'm so glad there are so many others that are willing to go swimming and biking. I'll stick to the running thank you. Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

How you squeeze all these things into a routine + a LIFE every month is still sort of beyond me ;) haha, things are looking just right for that Tri-thing you're doing soon!

Napa in 2012...for the marathon there (in March)? Or just fun + wine?

Being Robinson said...

holy goodness that's a lot of miles in july. especially with the heat and humidity. nicely done!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Another sweet month of you! (I love your hubbs face in the background of that photos. pricelss!)

My July was waaaaaaay off. Actually a bit of a bummer fitness-wise however it's August 1st today a brand new month. I'll look forward to loads of improvement over July. And hopefully an end to the insane heat and humidity!

Amy said...

Another busy month for you, even with the heat! Great job!

J said...

Very very busy month! Nice job on all your workouts! You are really finding a good balance! Keep it up!

Gotta Run..... said...

the camping photo with hibs is too funny!!

there was a time I kept up with all of my numbers... hmmm...maybe I will start back...next year :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

I'd like to see hours slept, I bet I beat you in that category.......... HA

Char said...

Boy, July was a big month for you. Keep up the good work.

Jen B. said...

ANIMAL!!!

You are KILLING it!!

Awesome Month Girl :)

MCM Mama said...

Another great month for you! WTG!

Funny you should say that about the bike. I need to buy a bike this fall and part of me keeps wondering if I should just go ahead and buy a bike I could do a duathlon with LOL.

~*katy beth*~ said...

i love big brother too! do you guys watch the american version or is there a canadian one that runs at the same time?? i have always been so curious!

ajh said...

Yeah I'd like a road bike too even though my hybrid is quite new. I'd like lots of bike things.

Felice Devine said...

Great month, Marlene!!!

And, btw, that's what camping is all about. This past weekend was far too much junk for me, too, but what the hell? Gotta live. And you run (and bike and swim) enough to enjoy lots of goodies. OR junk!

kristen said...

I'm also horribly embarrassed to admit that I watch Big Brother...

Richelle said...

I watched only the first season of Big Brother. Don't worry... I'm not judging you.

You had an excellent July. Mine was full of wedding-related "GSD." :)

Anonymous said...

Another great Month Marlene!! My july went pretty considering the Wedding craziness! ha ha! :)