Monday, February 18, 2008

Another week bites the dust

Last week was a challenge because I started coming down with something Tuesday night and pretty much felt like crap until Friday. I ran my 8K Tuesday and then did zip, zilch, nada til 19K on Saturday morning. Took yesterday off to recover (had a lot of tightness in my left IT band, but it was okay this morning).

Today we are enjoying a brand new Statutory Holiday in Ontario (Family Day) so I took advantage and went out for a very wet 8K run with the hubby this morning. We were splashing through puddles the entire time and my shoes spent a good hour in the dryer when we got home.

It's less than two weeks to the Chilly Half and I am feeling excited and confident. It's nice to be going into it feeling prepared. Fingers crossed that there are no obstacles in the next 13 days (illness, injury) and I should be raring to go March 2nd. A handful of my new friends from the Running Room will be running it and some of our best friends are also running that day - in particular, Sarah and Colin will be running the Frosty 5K as their first race! I think it's going to be a great day.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Me too! YAY!

You can do it! Colin, the kids and me will all be there at the FINISH LINE in May waiting to see you cross!
xoxo

Zorbs said...

I just signed up for the Frosty 5K myself..

Listen, if you can do me a HUGE favour...let me know when the pledge forms are available for the Persechini run please?

Marlene said...

Thanks SM!!

Zorbs - I definitely will! :)