Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday ramblings

Last night Hubby came back to clinic! He hasn't been able to join us for several weeks, but he is finally getting back out there and it was great to have him along for the ride. :)

We did just under 8K, which felt pretty good. I feel like a need a break today, though, so I am going to postpone the scheduled 10K til tomorrow night. My knee is a tad tender and there is no sense risking injury at this point in the game. 11 days til my next race!

I was talking to a couple of the girls in my group last night and trying to figure out what to do this weekend. See, the program for the half marathon on March 2nd calls for just a 6K. But in order to train for the 30K on March 30th, I should be increasing the distance. My instructor recommended that I only run 6 or so if I am going for a decent time in the half. If I am just going to treat it as a taining run for the 30K or full marathon, then running 20+ this weekend would be fine. I'm torn...but I would like to at least beat my previous (and only!) time, so I think I'll take it easy this weekend.

Plus, I am going into the 30K for fun and not trying for any specific time. It's going to be a good time and a training run for my full, so if I am not 100% prepared for it, I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

hey girl! i know, i was torn too, but i will only do 6k sunday as i think my body needs the break... i'm also not running today... so rest up!!!! only 10 more sleeps!!! :-D

Mel-2nd Chances said...

oh! and i forgot to tell u, u were my inspiration to register for the ATB 30k! LOL