Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A wee Wednesday update

This is my favourite time of year to run. The skies are clear, the temperatures are ideal (in the teens [C]), the air is refreshing, the sun is still out long after I get home from work. It's BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL and gives me a warm and tingly feeling inside. For a while there, it seemed like winter was never going to end. And then when the weather finally started to improve, I was house-bound with a stubborn injury and felt like I was never going to run again. Well lo and behold, Spring is here and I'm a-runnin', and I could not be happier about both of those facts. I want to scream to the world that

Spring is here and I'm a-runnin'!!!!!

On Monday I brought my running gear to work and went for a 7.5K run on my lunch break. Surprisingly, it's something I've never done before. It was so refreshing to get some fresh air and exercise to break up a long day at the office. It kind of sucked changing back into my work clothes without having access to a shower...I feel sorry for my boss who had to share an office with me for the rest of the day. I think I'm going to make it a routine of running on Mondays at lunch.

Yesterday I met a couple girls from my Running Room clinic for a run (which was supposed to be 5K and turned into 7...). It was a great run. Both of the girls kept commenting that it looked too easy for me and that I seemed to be light on my feet. That's exactly how I felt. All of my runs have felt so good lately. I msu be doing something right. :) After the run, it was off to yoga. I'm getting a handle on a lot of the poses and finding it much less difficult. I have mastered this one in particular:

Savasana: "Corpse Pose"





Plan for the next few days is rest today, 5 or 6K tomorrow, rest Friday, 10K Saturday, rest Sunday. That will bring me to about 29K for the week.

No comments: