Thursday, May 22, 2008

WHAT???

What was I just saying about my cursed left side? Take a look at this ankle.



I took an extremely hard ball straight to the ankle tonight while running from second base. It is unimaginably painful and I can't put an ounce of weight on it. Luckily, my hubby has been piggy-backing me around all night. Just wish I could bring him to work. Anyway, I'm icing, keeping it elevated and wrapped...hoping for the best. I'll stay off it as much as possible and see how it is. If it's no better tomorrow, I may have to go to the clinic to make sure it's nothing major.

I can not even believe this right now. I just hope it doesn't have too much of an impact on my softball and running season. Believe it or not, the exact same thing happened to my team-mate who is also running the marathon in September. We've agreed that we'll hobble the 42.2 KM to the finish line if that's what it comes down to. But let's hope not!

There is a slight silver lining. My turn came up to bat again. I could barely stamd on it, but if I didn't go up, my team would take an automatic out. So I managed to get my feet back in my cleats (didn't bother doing them uo), hobbled to the plate and took my turn. Would you believe it was my best hit of the season so far? Straight to the outfield, so I made it to first base... and took a courtesy runner! We won the game. :)

I'll update tomorrow when I have a better idea of what the damage is...

4 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

take care of your ankle Marlene!!! i hope it's nothing major... but it sounds like you're doing everything right so far!!! keeping my fingers crossed for ya girl!

Sarah said...

I'm not even going to say it.........

Sarah said...

Ok, yes I am!

I AM SO SORRY! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT. I SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE WISHED YOU LUCK YESTERDAY. FORGIVE ME LOL!

But seriously, let us know if you need anything!

Hugs and kisses!

Marci said...

Ouch!! That looks painful. Wishing you a speedy recovery!