Hubs has once again worked his magic in creating a custom training plan for me, which we then worked together to scrutinize and fine-tune.
There are a noticeable changes from my last round:
- running 6 days per week instead of 5
- cross-training on my "off" day and at least one other day
- two workouts per week (tempo/LT Tuesdays and interval Thursdays) *not every week
- emphasis on keeping recovery runs slooooooow
- splitting medium-long into two runs, at least for the time being while it's freezing and pitch dark before and after work
- tempo/LT runs incorporated into medium-long days
- significantly more marathon pace work, in particular during long runs
The mileage will be big, the workouts will be tough and it will be a fun 19 weeks.
As for goals? You will have to wait and see. :)
HBBC Ongoing Tally, Jan. 1 - 7
Jan. 1 - 0
Jan. 2 - run (17.1)
Jan. 3 - cardio (3), weights (1), F&V (1) = 5