Friday, May 27, 2011

Few things on Friday

1. I am enjoying limbo land right now - while I do have a recovery "training" schedule, I am mostly using it as a guideline and just running if/when I feel like it. I'm still feeling a little bit worn out and run down (the week of debauchery may have contributed to that...), so I am definitely giving myself the time I need to recover. I also know I need the mental break as much as the physical one. That being said, hubs has been working away at my next training schedule and I'm kind of excited to get started. In due time...


2. Last night we had our end-of-season social with the running group. Someone was kind enough to host all 50++ of us in her house, where we enjoyed all kinds of food, drinks and laughs. Coach Don also put together an epic slide show with photos from throughout the season - it was fun to look back on all those cold and snowy Sunday morning runs, countless races and of course our "runches."





And there was cake!!!
Lots of cake...




3. I hope all of my friends south of the border have a fantastic long weekend! We had ours last week, but I could really go for another one...

22 comments:

Teamarcia said...

What a fun bash with great memories to reflect on. Have a fun weekend!

Unknown said...

What a fun end of season bash!

Raquelita said...

Your end of season party sounds like a blast! Enjoy your recovery time!

Jill said...

Permanent 3-day weekends would be awesome, yes? Of course, you know me...I have all summer off so I shouldn't be whining :).

So glad you're enjoying your much-deserved break!!!

Happy weekend, Chica!!

Laura said...

It is nice to read about someone actually doing some rest/recovery and not rushing into running...you deserve it.
I have Monday off...but have to work all weekend in return...
drag.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the downtime after a marathon...just time for "fun" runs or doing whatever you feel like. This lasts for a little but then I get antsy and want to start training again!

Anne said...

Take your time and give your body a well deserved break :) Sounds like a really great end of year party...I think I'd like to have a group to work out with.

Anonymous said...

Similar to you, its the mental break I need, but then I crave schedule. I don't function well in terms of motivation without one.

Enjoy your time off, I look forward to finding out whats next for you.

Denise said...

you used my favorite word in this post...debauchery!! have a great wknd!!

Aron said...

I should have stayed in limbo land a bit longer!! ;)

Have a great weekend friend!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Wow a host for 50! that was indeed a brave hostess! I bet that was a great time.

Enjoy your in-between time and running for fun!

Char said...

I'm sort-of glad that you're feeling a bit run down - it shows that your not superhuman. After all that training and that amazing race your bodies probably ready for a little break.

Richelle said...

Those cakes are so clever and delicious! You definitely deserve the time off you're giving yourself. Enjoy it!

RoadBunner said...

Running cakes = VERY cool!

stoppingfordaisies said...

Mmm cakes... love them all, so creative! Keep enjoying limbo land!

Cory Reese said...

I love that last cake! Oh, so true.

RunToTheFinish said...

yeah for groups, yeah for cake and yeah for well earned recovery!!

Nicole said...

Enjoy your limbo land right now! I am! I miss you though!

ajh said...

Enjoy your break. Yum to all the cake. I LOVE cake!

J said...

yumm cake! hope you are having a good weekend! I know these three days are not going to be enough! Its only sunday and I am so tired! I will need more days off just to recover!

Marissa said...

how fun, and look at all that cake!!! I've always wanted to be part of a running group...maybe I should check around our area?! Love the clif and GU sitting on the cake...cute :)

Julie D. said...

that last cake is too fun! What a great time!