Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday Wheels

After my bike incident last week, I was planning to bring it in to our local bike shop to get fixed.

And then I started looking at all the pretty bikes online...



And then we went to see them in person and I test-rode a bunch...



And then I fell in love with one. They only had it in black at the store [boring], so I ordered the green and white.

Specialized Vita

After waiting impatiently for five days, I picked it up tonight!


I took it for a short spin and it feels amazing! What a difference to ride a bike that actually fits and works properly. :)

Let me assure you that my stance on triathlons/duathlons and my fear of riding downhill have not changed yet, but I'm looking forward to some recreational riding on a real set of wheels.

I think I still need to get a bell... but first I need a new helmet! Flower power is just not going to cut it anymore.


Tomorrow is clinic so I am looking forward to commuting to the store (hopefully without incident!), and going out for a bit of a longer ride on Friday. Time to get used to seeing the world from two wheels!

*bring bring!*

27 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Love it! Especially the green! Wishing you many happy miles together!

ajh said...

My new bike looks like yours - except it is boring black! I love yours. Have a ton of fun on it!

MCM Mama said...

Ooh, pretty! Love your color choice.

ShutUpandRun said...

Yay! In my bike searching I learned that is a GREAT bike. Love the color too.

Aron said...

SO FUN!!!! Love the color.

J said...

ooooh Green! I love it! So pretty! Have fun commuting to clinic tomorrow!

Char said...

It's a bit like getting new running shoes - terribly exciting. Love the colour!

Nicole said...

I love the bike!!! WOOOO!

Running Ricig said...

loving the new bike! green is awesome!

Kerrie said...

Aaaaaaa! The dark side! Just kidding!

Richelle said...

Oooh... I likey!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to get new workout 'toys' (ahem, equipment)!! Have fun on the new wheels :) And try to refrain from getting a bell....heh, just sayin'.

Unknown said...

enjoy!

stoppingfordaisies said...

Oooh how fun! Loving the colors too!

Amy said...

Nice wheels! Happy riding!

RoadBunner said...

Congratulations on your new bike!!! So exciting. Did you name her/him?

Johann said...

Nice bike, enjoy! You are much braver than I am.

Anonymous said...

yay for biking!
i could totally see you signing up for a mini triathlon soon. just to test out the waters (pun intended)

RunToTheFinish said...

yeahhhh so excited for you!! i know with my new bike i finally started really riding more

Jen said...

Now we're talkin'!! Nice wheels dude - love the colour! It's a known fact that you HAVE to match your helmet to your bike - I have a separate helmet for each of my bikes!! I LOVE commuting around town in the summer. I feel so green and healthy ;)Have fun!

Runners Fuel said...

Love the new wheels!

Denise said...

can we put money on where this is headed? pleeeease? i love winning money!

Anne said...

Your new bike sort of matches your new shoes :) Love them both! Happy riding Marlene!

Heidi said...

Nice! Love the looks of your new bike. I have a very similar helmet ... and I hate it. Though the one I like is about $150 and I don't have that to throw around right now. Enjoy your new wheels!

ajh said...

I just found my bike papers. We do have the same bike.

Sara said...

Um, I love your new bike!! I'm jealous! Mine is GRAY!

I KNOW!!! Is it possible to get a paint job for a bike? Or is that just cars? Ugh.

Not that you need it, but this video of a kid talking about riding a bike is both insanely adorable and inspirational: Thumbs up for Rock and Roll

Unknown said...

Yay! congratulations on the new bike!