Thursday, September 15, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Today I'm featured on The Athlete's Plate by the Athletes over at Cook Train Eat Race (Tri Harder). Jason and I first connected in December of last year when SUAR nominated me for a spot on his original version of The Athlete's Plate - seen here. Jason quickly became one of my primary "tri-pushers" as we bonded over our early morning wake-up calls and mutual love affair with PB&J. Ever since I finally took the plunge and joined the "dark side", he has been extremely enthusiastic and supportive, and has become one of my biggest tri-spirations.

Check it out HERE to see what I'm eating and what Jason thinks!





2. J at Morning Runner was kind enough to invite me to write a guest post to share during her honeymoon this week. Congratulations to J and her new hubby on their recent wedding (which happened to take place on my wedding anniversary)! I hunted down a few sneak peak pics and everything about their special day was absolutely stunning. I can't wait to read all about it! For now, I hope the newlyweds are having a fantastic time on their honeymoon.

I chose the topic of tune-up races and you can read it HERE.





3. This weekend I am off to Syracuse to compete in the Ironman 70.3 on a relay team with the usual suspect. I'm just doing the easy part, although it's hard to say how "easy" running a half marathon in the middle of the day is going to be. No specific goals; I know I'm not in PR shape, but I hope to run a decent race in the ~1:50 range. Mostly I'm just pumped to see my partner kick some serious butt on the swim and bike at her goal race for the season. Look out - Team Girls On Your Left is coming! Some other friends (including geodee who is going to talk bikes with me the entire car ride - right? right?) are racing too and it's sure to be an epic weekend.



Happy Thursday (almost Friday)!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck and have fun!

Jill said...

You are one big feature this week :). Good luck with the race, and as always - HAVE A BLAST (like you wouldn't :)).

kristen said...

That sounds like fun! Have a great trip and kick some middle of the day half marathon ass!

A Prelude To... said...

Have a blast doing your relay 70.3!!!

misszippy said...

Good day for you all around! I love doing relays--have a blast!

Robin said...

The feature post is great as is your guest post! Good luck this weekend, have fun.

Anonymous said...

Off to check out that featured post! You know I love me some "Athlete's Plate" action ;)

Um, at first I read "compete in 70.3" and I was like WHAT?! Whoa. And "not in PR shape" has never stopped you before...I'm excited to see how the weekend pans out ;)

macnic said...

Have a great weekend! I'm sure you'll smoke it in the half!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

#3 made me think, "She did it again. First a surprise marathon, now a 70.3" Then I saw the relay part.

Have a great race!

Jess said...

Ugh, avacadoes! I used to not mind them, but then, when I was preggo with Norah, I threw up an avacado dish, and now whenever I look at them, I feel a little ill.

Anonymous said...

wow! you are awesome! I found your blog a little over a month ago when I was training for my first sprint tri.....and I have to tell you, you have been one of the biggest inspirations to me. Not sure I have commented until now. I am now signed up for anothe sprint tri and a half marathon both in the next 6 weeks. I love seeing what you eat to keep fueled. I wish I could find the time to squeeze more workouts in...but I love how you do it! Good luck this weekend, and thank you for being such motivation to me!

Jason said...

Man you had me at 70.3 and thought holy sh*t she jumped in with both feet.....and then read relay and not that that isn't awesome but you know me and triathlon and all the air left my bubble.

Enjoy Syracuse. I went to college at Oswego and will always remember my times spent in Syracuse.

And we are known as tri-nablers.....HA!

geo said...

I could talk about bikes until my jaw falls off! I'm so pumped, this is going to be an awesome weekend/race!

Laura said...

Have a great weekend!! Kill it as usual.
Loved your feature @ CTER.

ajh said...

Enjoy that race. Relays are always fun.

Nicole said...

have a great weekend cutie pie!!!! <3

Char said...

I've ALMOST gotten to run in a tri-relay twice (as understudy) but the injured party has always managed to rally at the last moment. I think you'll have a ball this week end. I hope the weather's kind to you.

The Jesse said...

have fun at your relay race this weekend and good luck :)

Christine said...

Good luck this weekend! I'm sure it won't take long until you will do the 70.3 by yourself :)

Anne said...

Have a blast...good luck!!!

Lindsay said...

Eww syrasuck. Gross.

But good luck I guess.

Joanna said...

Have fun and run strong this weekend!! It sounds like a blast. :)

Felice Devine said...

Have fun in Syracuse! The weather is supposed to be perfect for racing this weekend. Enjoy!

Meg said...

bahaha usual suspect! WHY AM I NOT THERE WITH YOU BIOTCHES?! Kick some ass for me. I'll cough up a lung in your honour.

Erin said...

Hahaha!! Usual suspect here, just popping in to catch up. It was a blast, thanks for being our anchor again.