Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Week 13

Welllll it appears that I took an impromptu extended weekend off blogging -- whoops! Back to the grind. :)

Here's what I was up to last week training-wise...

Monday - run + swim

Squeezed in an impromptu recovery run over lunch, followed by an open water swim at Lake Wilcox after work

run: 9.0KM (5.6mi) - 52:59 - 5:53/KM (9:28/mi)


swim: 1100m - 23:33

we had some company





Tuesday - run x 2

Great interval run in the morning with friends - awesome to have 5 other girls to meet at 5am. 




8x1000 [goal 4:30]: 4:33, 4:33, 4:32, 4:31, 4:25, 4:26, 4:26, 4:19
16.0KM (9.9mi) - 1:26:17 - 5:23 (8:43/mi)

Wrapped up my mileage over lunch with a second run for Twosday.

6.0KM (3.7mi) - 32:29 - 5:24/KM (8:41/mi)



Wednesday - run + swim

Used lunch hour for another recovery run.

10.1KM (6.3mi) - 58:50 - 5:48/KM (9:20/mi)

Scoped out a new-to-me salt water pool for a swim after work.

1100m ~30 mins.




Thursday - run x 2

Up early and planned for a tempo run, but my legs were having none of that. Turned it into an easy run and that's that...

12.0KM (7.5mi) - 1:06:24 - 5:31/KM (8:52/mi)

Planned bike ride with a friend after work was cancelled when the skies looked dark, but we had a great easy run instead. It never did rain... go figure.

6.1KM (3.8mi) - 34:35 - 5:37/KM (9:02/mi)



Friday - bike + run + bike + swim

Biked to work at my fastest bike-mute speed yet, followed by a speedy run off the bike.




Biked even faster on the way home, despite being tired from the morning and the net uphill route home.

30.0KM (18.6mi) - 1:00:05 - 30.0kph (18.6mph)
4.0KM (2.5mi) - 19:10 - 4:47/KM (7:41/mi)
30.0KM (18.6mi) - 58:04 - 31.0kph (19.3mph)

Friday night we hit the pool for "date night."

1500m ~35 mins






Saturday - rest

Slept in, got some stuff done around the house and mostly took it easy. My body needed it!



Sunday - run

It was extremely muggy and one of the ickiest days for running we've had in a while. We had an MRP (marathon race pace) portion in the middle, which went better than expected although we did cut it shorter than originally planned.

I don't even know what my goal marathon pace is, so I ignored my watch and tagged along with the group. It was nice not paying attention to it and the quicker pace felt okay, although it did take a lot out of me and the last 10K felt like a slog.

5:06, 5:05, 5:00, 4:59, 4:59, 5:02, 4:55, 5:00

Thankfully we had two "aid stations" with fluid refills, fresh fruit and even chocolate. I was definitely ready to be done by the end.

32.3KM (20.1mi) - 2:56:40 - 5:27/KM (8:46/mi)




WEEKLY TOTALS

Total Run Distance: 95.5 KM (59.3 mi)
Total Run Time: 8:47:24
Average Run Pace: 5:31/KM (8:53/mi)

Total Bike Distance: 60.0 KM (37.3 mi)
Total Bike Time: 1:58:09
Average Bike Speed: 30.5 kph (18.9 mph)

Total Swim Distance: 3700m
Total Swim Time: ~1:28:33

Total Training Time: 12:13:46


25 comments:

Robin said...

Great week of training! Awesome.

Laura said...

It's funny we have almost the same kind of pic post run Sunday. It was awful out...I think I said how much I hated being out on Sunday approx. 10 times. I think my buds were happy when I parted ways with them.
Great week!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

wow! 12+ hours of training. Have to admit, I'm kind of jealous.

Unknown said...

that's some intense training. funny that you had a hot/muggy weekend and we had a relatively cool one.

Laura said...

..and your latest Despicable pic is hilarious..that may be the best link I have ever come up with.

Heather said...

Nice week. I think the end of the hot and humid weather is in sight . . . pretty soon we'll be complaining about cold and snow! :)

misszippy said...

At first I was thrown off by your working on Monday--typical American! Awesome week you had there. Very jealous of the salt water pool--they are the best!

Tricia said...

wow,you rock

you knew that,right?

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Just read your weekly training schedule, I had to take a nap. I can't even remember being young enough to muster up that kind of energy...I wonder if I'll survive until the kids are out of the house. I think they are making me tired...it's not age or training. ;-)

Girl you owned that week!

J said...

Crazy busy week for you! The humidity this past weekend was intense! Saturday I was thinking "OMG what if I was getting married today -I would melt my face off in this heat!" lol Great job again on your training! Looking good!

Teamarcia said...

Great week as always! I too was a very delinquent blogger.
I sent some cool air your way. Aaaah!

Anonymous said...

Yet again, a fabulous week.

Hey, pink swim cap... Wasn't that silver? ;-). Must've missed a post... Trying to play catch up!

Anonymous said...

Every week I'm totally blown away by how much energy you have, ha. Even if that LR was "tough", you still got through each mile (or km)! Are you guys feeling any inkling of Fall temps coming your way (aside from Sunday, obvs)?

Jill said...

That pink swim cap is making me super jealous - you are adorable in it and I think I need one!! :)

Excellent week, girl!!! YAY!

Denise said...

the goggle pics make every post better!! love them!!

nice big week...yet again! and the humidity was terrible, i was so glad i had an off day.

macnic said...

Another great week! I don't want to talk about the chaffing I had after Sundays run. And it was pretty cool in Milton!

Gotta Run..... said...

your hitting your workouts dead on target. Keep it up smart girl ;)

I am thinking I MIGHT be able to twist your arm for 2013 with me ;)

Fran said...

Your weekly reports always give me such motivation for myself. Thank you for that.

Awesome training week!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Another amazing week of training! I love reading this post each week--a reminder that I can always fit just a little more in!
:)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I can't keep up with EVERYTHING you are doing. Simply AMAZING!!

Johann said...

Unbelievable week! Well done Marlene, you rock!

Char said...

I hate hearing how hard it is to when it's hot and muggy. The cool mornings are almost behind us here - I've already had my first yukky run of the season - and I'm not looking forward to the slog that's ahead.

Jason said...

I have to make a photo collage of the Despicable Marlene one day. Those are so awesome.

Once again you are training for an Ironman and nothing short of that. These numbers and volume are impressive.

Nicole said...

once again, rockstar crosses my mind EVERY time i read your weekly recaps!!!! keep it up killer!

Anonymous said...

"Date night" at the pool with your hubs...Love it!! What a week girly, great job!