Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 16

After catching up on my double race weekend and of course the big news, it's time to finally post last week's recap...


Monday - rest

I was completely and utterly exhausted form the previous weekend's activities combined with lack of sleep and there was no question that a rest day was required!



Tuesday - run

I woke up still feeling spent, but had plans to meet the girls for an early run. Somehow that got me out of bed and out the door, but on my way to our meeting place I contemplated turning right back around. I made my way there and chatted for a minute while waiting for the last person to arrive, and made the decision to go back home to bed. I could have fallen asleep standing up!

And then I discovered that I had locked my keys in the car! DOH! Sooo not what I wanted to deal with at 5am. J was kind enough to lend me her car to go retrieve my spare set from home while they got started on their run. Eventually, I made it back to bed to doze for a bit before it was time to get up. Again. Not the best start to my day...


I managed to sneak in a 10K over lunch and still felt pretty tired, but a little better afterwards.

10.0KM (6.2mi) - 55:44 - 5:34/KM (8:57/mi)



Wednesday - run + swim

After work I met up with J and our friend P for an easy run followed by a lemonade. It was great to chat away and get all caught up on things. It looked like it was about to downpour on us at any moment, but we managed to stay mostly dry.

10.7KM (6.6mi) - 1:02:46 - 5:49/KM (9:21/mi)

From there I went straight to the pool and swam my longest distance yet! My friend K was water running in the next lane and it was nice to have the company, even if it's not the most social activity.

2000m ~45 mins.
800 free, 400 pull, 400 free, 400 pull



Thursday - run

We had 4 x 2000 on deck at clinic with descending paces from about marathon race pace to tempo. I ran with the coach's group and it was nice not to worry about pacing at all. Fun workout with good company, but I was bagged by the time we got back to the store!

2000 splits - 10:22 - 10:04 - 9:42 - 9:12
18.1KM (11.2mi)  - 1:36:54 - 5:20/KM (8:34/mi)



Friday - run

I was able to rally up my friend K for an early morning recovery run. Legs were understandably tired after finishing Thursday night's workout just 9 hours before!

10.0KM (6.2mi) - 58:19 - 5:49/KM (9:21/mi)















Saturday - run

Toronto Zoo Run 10K













10.3KM (6.4mi) - 59:55 - 5:50/KM (9:23/mi)



Sunday - run

Oakville Half Marathon













21.1KM (13.1mi) - 1:40:06 - 4:42/KM (7:33/mi)




Totals

RUN: 79.9 KM (49.6mi)
BIKE: 0 (oops)
SWIM: 2000
Total Time: 7:53:38

It was a lighter week than planned, but it culminated in a big half marathon PR so I am perfectly okay with that! I think it's also safe to say that my bike will be racked until the marathon in a couple weeks with the exception of maybe a short ride here or there if the mood strikes.

10 comments:

kristen said...

Dude- even on a light week you're a beast :)

Jason said...

50 miles in a taper week? Man alive you are just the go getter.

Teamarcia said...

Light week haha! You busted out a couple of awesome races, hello half PR!
It's been raining here all week so no biking for me at all. Feels weird. Did I just type that?

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I must admit I am feeling like a TOTAL SLACKER looking at your recap.. WOWZERS!!

I worked 20 hours one day...does that count??

Michelle said...

LOVE your half marathon PR!!! I'm inspired!

X-Country2 said...

You are KILLING it right now, lady!

Char said...

Boy, Tuesday's key incident sucked. I've only ever done that once and like you it was on a day when I really didn't need it to happen.

Johann said...

Busy week and still great on the training side. You are very dedicated, well done!

Fran said...

I'm smiling here: your weekly mileage is what I did this month LOL.
You're a rockstar Marlene, when I grow up I want to be like you.

misszippy said...

Nice week! I think swimming is such a great complement to running--loosens the whole body up.