Wednesday, March 21, 2007

the good, the bad and the ugly

I love weekends, but when it comes to losing weight, THEY ARE PURE EVIL! I don't know why exactly, but I completely lose control every freaking weekend. Here's where "ugly" comes in to play. Last weekend consisted of cake, pizza, Wendy's, McDonald's, Kraft Dinner and all kinds of goodies at a bridal shower for my cousin. My saving grace is that I made it to the gym Saturday morning and ran 10 KM on the treadmill, burning about 1100 calories. So I guess that is how I managed to maintain my weight despite the feasting.

Every time Monday rolls around, I jump right back on the wagon and usually have no trouble staying on track... and every Monday I vow not to blow it again come the weekend. And every weekend I blow it anyway.

What's the matter with me?!

Anyway, here we are on Wednesday and I have been good (well, mostly). I went to the gym for a run last night and I will be going again tonight. Mark's train (new job, new transport) comes in at 7 so I am trying to go between work and picking him up. But I am looking forward to Spring so we can start running outside more regularly!

No comments: