Thursday, March 29, 2007

The training continues...

Today will be my 7th day in a row running. On Tuesday I ran my furthest yet (outside anyway) at 7.6 KM (in 47 minutes). Yesterday we did our 5 KM route which includes a few killer hills during the last half which completely did me in. It's amazing to me how much they tire me out. I felt more tired at the top of those hills than I did after running 10 KM on the treadmill. The good news is, the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon is known as one of the "flattest" routes in North America (and therefore, the fastest) so no hills to worry about on the big day!

I'm working on getting more protein into my diet during the day. I have a bad habit of only having protein with dinner, and I am always starving after work these days. I think it will give me the extra boost I need.

Nothing else new for today. Christy, thanks for the comment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlene! Just wanted to say way to go with your running. I'm currently taking a running class through the running room and enjoying it. I can't wait for some warmer Alberta weather to run in!