Monday, May 12, 2008

Back in business

That's better!

Brought my gear to work and went for a nice run on my lunch. The weather is ideal: 16C and sunny. I could get used to this.

I ran 8K around "Thornhill Square" as I like to call it. I enjoy routes like this with long stretches from one turn to the next. It's not really an option where we live because most of the major roads don't have consistent sidewalks.



Pace was 5:12 average. I don't know what it is, but I've been running fast lately! I'm going to have to learn to control my pace as I get into my marathon program and the mileage builds, keeping it slower for the "LSD" and "Recovery" runs with pre-defined days for speed work and/or steady state runs.

Speaking of which, the program is officially underway. Details tomorrow...

No comments: