Friday, May 23, 2008

Good news and bad news

I spent the better part of this morning at the urgent care centre and x-ray clinic.

The good news is... it's not broken! No bone damage. PHEW! Just a very bad bruise.

The bad news is... that doesn't make it hurt any less. I was up most of the night in pain (doc has now prescribed something for that) and I still can't walk. I've also been assigned a very strict regimen of RICE: rest, ice, compress, elevate. So that is how I will be spending my weekend and with any luck, maybe I'll be in fair enough condition to play ball (I will never call it "soft" ball again) on Sunday. (but I'm not holding my breath)

I'm hobbling around the office, anxious for 3:00 when I can finally go home and assume my position on the couch where my husband will wait on me, being the awesome guy that he is.

Figures, I'm one week into my marathon program and I'm laid up with a bum ankle. I'm confident that a couple weeks off won't affect my fitness at this point, but it still sucks the big one.

Happy weekend to all and good luck to everyone participating in Capital Race Weekend. I'll be there next year!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

RICE is right!

Good phew! See you on Sunday! Hey, if you have to, you can play the roll of team cheerleader LOL!

Marlene said...

It would suck not to be able to play, but if I have to stay off it, I'll have to suck it up. And I'll be the best damn cheerleader the Bombers have ever seen! :)

Christy said...

Ouch! At least it is the first week of the program as opposed to the last! That would suck big time.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

anners said...

OUCH! I guess you'll be keeping me company on the injured bench for a bit ;). Glad to hear that nothing broken showed up on the x-ray!

Anonymous said...

We must be related. lol...