Saturday, August 15, 2009

Show me your he♥rt

The lovely and hilarious b.o.b. of Discom-BOB-ulated Running tagged me to play a little game of "Show Me Your He♥rt".

With as much creativity as you can muster, show your he♥rt in: a picture, poem, a song (or piece of music), a phrase (or quote), an item of clothing, a place, and (just for fun) a Disney princess.



Picture




Poem

Life is a Journey by Alvin Fine


Song

Bells of Freedom, Bon Jovi

...Up the steps of the church
Through the fields in the dirt
In the dark I have seen
That the sun still shines for the one who believed

So far away, so full of doubt, you needed proof
Just close your eyes, and hear the sound inside of you

Ring the bells, ring them loud
Let them ring here and now
Just reach out and ring the bells of freedom
When your world's crashing down like you've lost every round
Stand your ground
And ring the bells of freedom...


Quote

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever. (Lance Armstrong)





Clothing

My furry boots




Place

The lake where I spent most of my summers growing up.





Disney Princess

Sleeping Beauty.






Now, show me your he♥rt:

Lily on the Road

Tall Mom on the Run

2nd Chances

Chasing the Kenyans

***

I was the lucky winner of a running track from Hella Sound through Racevine's summer giveaway. I tested it out this morning and I'll have a review coming up in the next couple days.

***

Tomorrow I have a 33K/20.5mi group run in the Hawkley Valley area. We've been promised great scenery and memorable views from the escarpment, but warned of some serious climbing to reach said views. Running outside of town (~45 minutes) on another hot and humid day means an extra early wake-up call. I even had to bail on a girlfriend's bachelorette party tonight. :( Hopefully, it will all be worth it.

Have a great weekend! I'll check in tomorrow after the run.

20 comments:

JenZen said...

What a great, fun post!! Heee... Your wedding picture is GORGEOUS btw!!! And I'm loving the furry boots - too. much. fun!

Kelly said...

I love that show your heart- so fun.

Jamie said...

What a cute post! I love it!

Good luck with the group run!

Denise said...

aw, the wedding pic is so pretty!

montisse98 said...

beautiful heart. :)

Erika said...

What a lovely post!

MCM Mama

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

sleeping beauty, haaaa! Great post!

Unknown said...

nice post. best wishes on the 20 mile run!

Anonymous said...

ha a Lot of fun pics up there - but the first is definitely my favorite :) that's a good one! (the furry boots? close 2nd....)

joyRuN said...

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing :)

LOVE that first pic.

Tatiana said...

So stealing this for my blog!!

J said...

I love it! hope the run went well!

Anonymous said...

The sleeping beauty picture made me smile!

Laura said...

Great idea and pics!

Jen Feeny said...

Great pics and loved the Sleeping Beauty! LOL! :) Good luck on the run!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

LOVE the wedding picture...and Sleeping beauty, yes you are..

I got tagged YIPPEE!!

Thanks buddy!!

Off to read about your run..

Lindsay said...

hahahahaha sleeping beauty. love the boots!! and the wedding pic = gorgeousness!

sweet a tag!!! i need to get on it now before i forget, i think i did that once to someone... oops. thanks!

B.o.B. said...

I missed this while I was out of town! LOVE sleeping beauty photo and the furry boots. Thanks for playing!

Irish Cream said...

LOVE this post! What a fun game! Ha, the sleeping beauty pic is totally awesome!:)

Unknown said...

Fun post, I LOVE your wedding pic...so sweet!