Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday - can't think of a better subject

Well it's Monday already... yet again. And it is freaking freezing cold! It has taken every ounce of my strength to stay out of the hot chocolate in the kitchen today. What I could really go for is some stew. With bread. And something hot like apple crisp for dessert. Mmmmmmmm.

Last week I ran 6 days out of 7 for a total of 19 miles or 31K. Woohoo! Yesterday I was only scheduled to run 5K, but I had a little more juice in me so I pushed it to 6.5 and it wasn't nearly as hard as the first time I ran 6.5K. Tonight I am scheduled for 6.5 so we'll see if I can do it two days in a row.

Food-wise, I didn't cheat Friday or Saturday, but yesterday was the SuperBowl party. 'Nuff said. In general, we eat way too much at every function/event/gathering/you-name-it. If there are people around and ESPECIALLY if there is something (anything) to celebrate, we are eating. Yesterday we made a valiant attempt to keep it healthy and stay in control and all things considered, most of us did okay! Sarah whipped up some fabulous Weight Watchers jalapeno poppers, nacho topping, potato skins, chili and cornbread, so we were able to indulge without totally blowing the diet. But then somebody showed up with strawberries and chocolate sauce. And then somebody else showed up with these delicious cream-cheese filled tortialla roll-ups then were warmed up in the oven. Who could resist?! In the end, though, I still don't think I did too bad. For one thing, I stuck to water and diet pop and that can make a world of difference.

But I still refuse to setp on the scale today. :)

Speaking of the scale, my friendly gym scale told me I weighed only 172 on Saturday morning!

No comments: