Monday, June 09, 2008

Let's get to know one another

Anners tagged me, so here goes.

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

Ha! It wasn't happening. I started running in January 2007.

2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?

I have limited race experience so this is tough. I would have to say my best race experience was my first race ever, the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon in September 2007. The weather was perfect, the race was fun and well-executed. I ran with my husband and we had a very positive and memorable experience... even though I literally had to will myself to take each step during the last 4 KM's.

My worst race experience was the Santa Shuffle 5K in December 2007. I was at my heaviest weight (25 lbs heavier than now) and hadn't been running much. It was bitter cold, the roads were icey and the run was all-around miserable.

3. Why do you run?

For physical and emotional health and for the satisfaction of challenging myself and achieving goals.

4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you've been given about running?

Best: Rest days are as important as run days.
Worst: The first shoes that were recommended to me by the Running Room were completely wrong for my feet and nearly destroyed my IT Band.

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.

I once weighed over 200 lbs.

I'm tagging Tiger, Christy & Sarah on this one.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Thanks for sharing. How was your Mud Run? I wanted to try that race, it looks like a blast!

Lily on the Road said...

Oh when was the Mud Run? One of my friends ran it last year...hope you had a great time!