Saturday, June 28, 2008

Playing catch up

I was slated to run 41K this week as follows:

Mon: Rest
Tue: 10K, 4x400 intervals @ 4:43
Wed: 6K recovery
Thu: Softball
Fri: 7K w/ 4K @ 5:11-5:20
Sat: Rest
Sun: 18K

I was still far too tired and sore from the City Chase to run on Tuesday, so I took another rest day. Having taken Tuesday off, I knew it would be difficult to fulfil my 41K week, but I seem to be all caught up. I've run the past 4 days straight and plan to complete my 18K tomorrow. Running 5 days in a row is not ideal and I knew I would have to slow it down a bit to prevent burn-out. It's been a hot week and I ran Wednesday, Thursday & Friday in the middle of the day, which certainly made it easier to slow down. As such, I decided to skip the interval and tempo runs for this week and will pick them up next week.

Here's how it went:

Wed: 5.5K at 6:05 pace
Thu: 5.5K at 5:18 pace (thanks to Patricia for kicking my ass) + TWO softball games
Fri: 7.5K @ 5:56 pace
Sat: 4K @ 5:58 pace
Sun: 18K
=40.5K

This will be my highest weekly mileage ever, so I'll be pretty happy if I survive tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

I can't even imagine that amount of mileage, and I can't believe how high you are already! Good luck with the 18K tomorrow. I get to do 16K, if I get up early enough to beat the heat ;)