Sunday, June 15, 2008

Week 7 Training

Week 6 went well, but I was 6K under my target for the week due to cutting Wednesday's run from 10 to 4. I was having an off day - no energy, brutal cramps (yes, those cramps) and didn't get a chance to make up for it. Went out with hubby this morning for 16K at Fairy Lake. We were up at 7am, running by 7:45 and it still felt too hot by the end of the run. We're going to have to be up earlier and earlier as summer progresses. It was an okay run. Had to stop for two washroom breaks which kind of sucked, but luckily there were port-o-potties along the way. I finished with an average pace of 5:50, which is right on target for my long runs (5:47-6:24).

My muscles were pretty sore when I got home so I tried one of hubby's tactics: the ice bath. It was a very uncomfortable 10 minutes, but hopefully my legs will thank me for it later. Did some gardening abd yard work this afternoon and now I am about ready for a nap. But wait, we have a softball game this evening!

Anyway, on to week 7!

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 11K
Wednesday: 6K
Thursday: softball
Friday: 6K
Saturday: Toronto City Chase
Sunday: Rest

1 comment:

jillian said...

Good luck this saturday girl!!