Saturday, September 06, 2008

New kicks

I suddenly decided yesterday, 23 days before the race, that I needed new shoes before the race. My current Brooks Ariels have about 775KM and 7 months on them. This, of course, gave me zero time to spare since I would need a couple weeks to break them in. For that reason, I decided it would not be a good idea to try something new (which was my original plan for my next shoes), so I was on a mission to find a pair of Ariels in my size. This is not an easy task, because I'm a 10.5. Yeah, I have big ol' feet for a girl.



Thankfully I was able to locate a pair at one of the stores downtown and picked them up today, just in time to use a 20%-off Vector coupon which expires tomorrow.

Nothing like leaving it to the last minute, eh?

I'm thinking it wouldn't be the best idea to wear them on tomorrow's long run, so I'll introduce them to my feet next week.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

As long as you're not wearing them for the first time on race day, right? LOL

Jess said...

You have time to break them in before the race, and that way you'll have super fresh kicks!