Wednesday, August 05, 2009

July 2008 vs July 2009 ... and more!

Hard to believe it's August already and I find myself facing marathon redemption next month. My training has been significantly more consistent this time around and having the support of my group to run with two to three times a week has been priceless.

I wrapped up July with my highest monthly mileage to-date and could not believe the difference when compared with last July - while training for the same race!

The numbers say it all.



(Click below for conversion to miles.)



I just hope it pays off! August will be a big one.


And more...




Jonathan at Zensah® orecently offered to send me one of their seamless running shirts to test out.

What makes Zensah® different:

• Seamless construction – Eliminates chafing

• Zensah® Silver Ions- Reduces bacteria growth & takes away the stink

• Soft Hand – Most comfortable workout you will ever have

• Pinpoint compression- Provides compression where you need it
*this is not a compression shirt, but this one is*


• Moisture Wicking- Faster than the other guys

This shirt is marketed as "The most comfortable women's running shirt you will ever wear." I completely agree with this statement! The fabric is super soft and feels barely there. Since trying it out, I've really noticed the seams in my usual running tops.

I think I'm going to have to try out one of the seamless running bras to see if I can finally put an end to chafing on my chest and back.

Zensah Seamless Running Shirt: APPROVED!




And even more...



By now I think most of the blog world has heard of Racevine, a comprehensive race review website. If you haven't already, now is a great time to check out the site and leave a review because Racevine is hosting a fantastic summer giveaway where you can win Lululemon Athletica gear, race registrations and more! To enter, all you have to do is review a race.



Also...

Check out Julia's Endurance Sports Nutrition Book giveaway over at Chocolate Shoestrings.

33 comments:

Marci said...

That shirt looks great! I would love to see a pic of you in it! Good job on your mileage!

Jenn said...

I want to see a pic of you in the shirt! Is it really clingy? How thick is the material? Is it sheer at all? So many questions -- but it matters to me! Thats' why I am so reluctant to order things online like this!

yumke said...

The extra mileage will translate to a better performance on the course. You are getting a lot of long runs and those weekday mid-long runs will help bolster your endurance efforts! Sub 4 this time around?

Anonymous said...

Your consistency amazes me - honestly I'm always inspired by your running log over here!! The difference is amazing - you're going to completely ROCK this marathon!!!

Erika said...

Those are some amazing numbers! I'm sure it will totally pay off.

MCM Mama

Denise said...

That is a huge difference from last year! You've come so far!! And you're just going to go further!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for doing the conversion for your American friends. At first, I was trying to figure out in kilometers and didn't see the conversion below. Duh of me!

Thanks for mentioning about Racevine. I need to check it out.

teacherwoman said...

Nice work with the mileage! Wahoo!

Unknown said...

Wow, you are really consistent this time around. Good job. :-)

Natalie D said...

Wow I love comparisons - great job!! What program do you use? Zensah sounds cool. Thanks for the review. I have not heard of racevine until right now - thanks for the heads up!

EndorphinBuzz said...

Wow, this is so much mileage. You will go through lots of shoes if you keep that up.

Chic Runner said...

ZENSAH rocks!!! I'm so glad you like their stuff too. you will love the sports bra! :) I love mine it's my favorite one hands down. Gah, will you guys stop taking all my racevine entries? :) Just kidding.

Now, you are going to rock this next marathon, seriously! You upped your mileage so much and you are so ready! hooray for redemption!

Anonymous said...

You've definitely peaked my interest with the seamless shirt! It sounds super comfortable!!!
Also, awesome mileage! That's a really cool comparison!!

Jess said...

Wow, you had quite the month of July! I'm sure the training will pay off with a big reward.

J said...

What a difference a year makes for that mileage! You are kicking butt and taking names! lol have you heard of that saying...maybe its just me!

Jamie said...

Awesome mileage!!! What a July! The training is going to give you huge rewards.

Unknown said...

a great running month. you will be phenonamal in your next race.

Unknown said...

Your mileage is amazing and inspiring!

A Toronto girl out West said...

I've been slacking on my runs lately (although not as much as my Nike+ widget would have you believe - it hasn't been updating properly).

I think your amazing consistency just shamed me into an early morning run! :o)

Melanie Tait said...

I love love love what you've done with yourkms calendar! How terrific! And what a huge amount of kms to clock up - you should be so proud! Well done! Here's to August!

Mark said...

Wow! Marlene, that difference in training is really going to show up! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

I think you are going to be so strong and prepared going in to the marathon. You'll be great!

I haven't heard of racevine. I'm gonna have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job on the mileage!

I've never worn a seamless shirt. Might have to check them out!

Toni said...

Great job on the mileage! I have had a similar experience and have found that I am loving running more this year.

Heather said...

Your running has been awesome this summer - all that trianing is really going to pay off and you will get your redemption next month!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Amazing to see the difference in your training... i definitely think you'll kick this marathon's ass.

Aron said...

you are going to do SOOOO awesome this time!! its so awesome to look back and compare :) i need to do that!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

LOVE LOVE the 3 goals idea.. I updated my post.. Thank you!

Where are the photos of you in Zensah?? hmmmm??

X-Country2 said...

Looks like you're ready to go! What a difference a day makes.

Being Robinson said...

wow that is quite a difference. i know you will have sweet, sweet redemption this time around! YAYA!

Kelly said...

Wow, you are definitely doing awesome this July. I love how you have it all documented so you can watch it like that. Awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to be able to do this next year! Great numbers :)

Lindsay said...

i love comparing training stats like this. you are going to rock it!! feels good to see how far you've come :)

hey, shhh about the racevine contest - i need to win! lol.