Friday, April 01, 2011

Foto Friday: FOOD

I am always fascinated by what others eat in marathon training. I think it all comes down to my obsession with food in general! As a follow up to last Friday's "a day in my life" post, here's a look at what I was eating to fuel myself throughout that particular day.

I'm definitely a creature of habit when it comes to my diet, especially during heavy training, so you will find me eating many of these foods on a daily basis.

I have a tea in the morning



steel cut oats with cinnamon, brown sugar, chia seeds and raisins for breakfast, plus a banana



apple slices & yogurt for a morning snack



a huuuuuge loaded salad for lunch; this one consisted of romaine, tomatoes, carrots, peppers, avocado, chickpeas, almonds, sunflower seeds, hardboiled egg



afternoon snacks - carrots, grapes, homemade granola bar





my 4PM vice



after work I'll have a small PB&J roll-up to keep me going for my evening run



a big bowl full of roasted veggies, chicken breast, quinoa and some feta cheese for dinner



and greek yogurt with granola & honey for dessert! mmm



Do you tend to eat the same foods over and over again?

I would love to see what you eat in a day!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Mmm, now I'm hungry....

21 comments:

Running Ricig said...

I love this post and good thing I just ate because it looks tasty!

I definitely am a creature of habit. I switch up what I eat for dinner, but breakfast, lunch, and snacks are pretty standard. Even dinner is the same kind of stuff on rotation. It sure makes grocery shopping easy!

Jen B. said...

Looks like a pretty delicious day to me (minus the chicken)! Yum!

Unknown said...

i do eat the same foods over and over again. it's scary how much i love my greek yogurt/granola concoction. and scarier how many times in a day i will eat this is left to my own devices.

hint. my husband has been on business travel this week. i've been left to my own devices. and we're almost out of yogurt now.

Jen Feeny said...

You have such a colorful food palette during the day, no wonder you are rocking it girl!!! Creature of habit right over here! When I'm training I essentially eat the exact same thing every single day.

Meg said...

Looks delish! Add some carbs and it would be perfect for me :rofl:

Anonymous said...

I'm SUCH a creature of habit with breakfast, and sometimes snacks, but other than that I switch it up :) BIG lunch salads are my favorite, but every now and then I'll through more carbs in the mix. Yours looks tasty!

Steel Springs said...

All of that food looks so good!

Emily said...

you're such a healthier eater than I am!

I totally eat the same foods over and over. i don't remember the last time I didn't have an english muffin with laughing cow cheese and hard boiled egg for bfast.

Runners Fuel said...

YUM!! Wow, that is a huge salad!

Denise said...

looks so healthy and tasty. but why are your carrots white?

J said...

Gosh your food looks so much better than mine! My daily foods are filled with cookies and not so much lettuce! No matter what I tend to eat the same thing all the time. Unless I have leftovers from dinner. But in the winter I always eat oatmeal and in the summer I usually have cereal! but always coffee!

Laura said...

Looks awesome...If it were me I'd probably eat the same thing over and over and usually do lunchwise but I do try to throw in variety with dinners.

Nicole said...

I'm starving!!! Ahhhhh!!

H Love said...

so healthy! i like it! i do eat the same things over and over again...!

Richelle said...

Yum... you eat so healthy! You're an inspiration to us all to make sure we're putting good stuff into our bodies.

Char said...

I can tell from the pictures that you're getting your recommended daily fibre intake plus all the vitamins and minerals you could possibly need. I'm really impressed. And your dinner looks so good.

Beth said...

Your diet looks so delicious and healthy! Mine is mostly granola bars and chocolate, I should take some of those delicious looking snack ideas!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

I'm such a creature of habit too! And I laughed with the 4pm vice of Diet Coke....mine happens to be the post-lunch 2 pm vice but it's the same, right down to the lime!

Lindsay said...

i eat the same stuff over and over too - part laziness, part it's difficult w/ food allergies...

i might do this one day... if i remember to photograph everything. :)

Unknown said...

Seriously, you just made me hungry! Looks yummy. And, yes, i could eat the same thing everyday, but the rest of my house would revolt.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Nicole Joy said...

Wow you eat so healthy! It still looks delicious and filling though. I should take some notes..