Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 2011


Total Distance: 385.4 KM (239.5mi)  - easily topping my previous monthly record of 217 miles last August

Highest Weekly Mileage: 98.0 KM/60.9mi (Week 12)

# Runs: 31

# Doubles: 3

# Non-Run Workouts: 0

# Rest days: 5

Races: Chilly Half Marathon and Around the Bay 30K




Favourite Run: Chilly Half!













Most Hardcore Run: the time hubs tried to kill me with 800-1600-3200 {no break} x 2 intervals











Book of the Month: Beautiful Boy by David Sheff (gut-wrenching but touching)

Song of the Month: Hey Soul Sister - Train

Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: mini Skinny Cow ice cream cups













Obsession of the Month: oil of oregano - I started feeling like I might be getting sick (still paranoid) and enough people recommended this potent natural remedy that I had to give it a try. It tastes awful, but if it will help me stay healthy then I'll continue to choke it down!













Indulgence of the Month: night out for my Mom's Birthday!













Drink of the Month: water, water, water [ignore pic above, lol]

Current Wish-List: a new spring running wardrobe from Lululemon

Current Need: a haircut, but I want to grow it out. This awkward "in-between" stage is not working for me.











Triumph of the Month: my half marathon PR of 1:42:22

Current Bane of my Existence: not one but TWO cold sores that have taken up residence on my lip/face. uggghhhh

Current Blessings: the best support system a girl could ask for

Current Excitement: upcoming races galore!

Current Goal: to remain healthy and strong through the remainder of training - only about 6 weeks til the big show!





Bring on April!

33 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

You had a kickass month! Congrats! So jealous that you logged so many miles and still took rest days. A-MA-ZING.

Denise said...

oil of oregano??? that sounds bizarre!!

very fun and exciting month!!

Runners Fuel said...

Congrats on the great month!!

Gotta Run..... said...

I am sure your mileage numbers look pretty sweet to you!! Great job girl.

Have been letting my hair grow for about 9 months now. Just now starting to "look" long.

I have a huge zit appear on my face today. Just in time for a weekend away in Charleston. PERFECT.

lish said...

Awesome!

Fifty K said...

Sounds like an awesome month sans cold sores. ;)

Allison said...

What an impressive month! I hope April is just as good. :)

Emily said...

yuo are a total bad ass. per usual.

Tricia said...

loved this

Jessie said...

Holy WOW 300+ miles in ONE MONTH! YOU ROCK!

A Prelude To... said...

A new spring running wardrobe. Oh boy....I am totally with you on THAT one!!

I hated growing my hair out, but it was worth it in the long run. I love being able to pull it back into a ponytail again.

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Awesome month, and way to go with the mileage...I'm impressed!

Stacey said...

Holy mileage! Wow! You have had an amazing month! You are awesome!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Loving you mileage, as all mileage junkies do!

Sweet races this past month and killer workouts.

I've never heard of taking oil of oregano. I'll need to read up on that one.

My hair is too BIG. My curls do what they want and never listen. I'm not sure I'll survive another growout so I can donate again. I might have to get it cut to save my sanity because I'm looking a little crazy somedays!

Love your collection of photos at the end!

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

I love it!

Aron said...

AWESOME month!!!

Char said...

Big, big, big month. And a goodie!

Jess said...

I have never even heard of "oil of oregano."

Anonymous said...

HUGE month! Don't worry, white wine accompanies water as my "drink of the month" more often than not ;) (heh, kidding...kind of...)

SupermomE13 said...

What a great month! Great job!!! :) Yay for April! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on such a fabulous month marlenee!! You truly rocked it!Oh and those little cow ice cream cups look good. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled! :)

H Love said...

so inspiring! love it and you..but your crazy hair is my favorite!

ajh said...

I read Beautiful Boy after hearing an NPR interview. Then I also read the companion book the son wrote.

J said...

I love March! IT was a great month! But I just wish that it was spring time!! I need warmer weather!

Nicole said...

april is my favorite hug! cant wait for marlene hug!! cold sore or not a PIC is a must!

Rene' said...

I am definitely feeling jealous of your miles...WOW.
I just got a new top and new running shorts from lulu yesterday. i wore them today. so comfy and so cute! now if only it was only warm enough to wear them outside to show them off.
Hair is tough. When mine is to short it is so big because it is curly. so now I am in the growing out process....

Richelle said...

March was good to you! Isn't Train fantastic? I love their older stuff, but they are a great band nonetheless.

TamIAm said...

Another Canadian blogging runner! Are there many of us out there? I'm just a baby - in the blogging AND running worlds. You're so hardcore. I was excited to have made 14k during my long run last week. 385 km is insane! Glad I found your blog - looking forward to following your training!

Steel Springs said...

Woot! That is one awesome month.

I've never heard of oil of oregano. Do you think it's working?

My hair has definitely grown past the point of needing a cut. I like your hair at that length! It doesn't look awkward at all.

Johann said...

Fantastic post, thanks! Well done on an awesome March. The best part is how much fun you had doing it all. Have a great April!

Amy said...

Great month! I have heard great things about oil of oregano, but can't handle the taste. I hope it keeps keeping you healthy!

Lindsay said...

Umm. I've noticed you didn't post your workout this week... Are you skeered? (that's southern twang for scared)

Congrats on your monthly-mileage-PR! I'm only, oh, a solid 100 mi short ;)

RoadBunner said...

Only 5 rest days?! Wow, you are a machine! Doesn't everyone love a new running wardrobe :)