Monday, December 18, 2006

My blog title is appropriate today!

CHEATER, CHEATER, COMPULSIVE EATER! Yep, that's me. Do I ever have some confessions today!

Yesterday we had a delicious lunch at Mom & Dad's. Started off with some homemade sweet-roasted (read: sugar-coated) nuts. Lunch was a salad with apples, walnuts, bacon and maple-flavoured dressing (yum). The main-course consisted of stick-to-your-ribs ribs, pear-blue-cheese-stuffed pork tenderloin, roasted potates and SBD roasted veggies. So at least something was diet-friendly! I only ate a little of everything, but it added up to a lot. Then came dessert. While I turned down apple crisp, I did have a scoop of ice cream and two Christmas cookies (from last weekend's baking escapades).

The good news is, I opted for water and caffeine-free Diet Coke and passed on the wine.

But then came the evening. Before bed I had two pieces of toast and FOUR (yes, four!) pieces of Poppy Love (lemon poppy loaf from Eat, Shrink & Be Merry) that I had in the freezer. To avoid another incident like that, it's going in the garbage when I get home! It wasn't even that good after being frozen. Oh, and then I had my regular SBD fudgsicle-PB-whip dessert.

And so ends my shameful Sunday of Confessions.

I am going to be super good today, tomorrow and Wednesday. I'll be mostly good on Thursday, but may indulge a little when my co-worker and I go for our annual pre-Christmas Kelsey's lunch. And Friday, the bosses are hosting a small 'wine and cheese' before the holidays, but I'll only have a little!

It's almost Christmas!!!!!

One more thing: I weighed 176 on Saturday, only 10 lbs more than my hubby! Now THAT is a feat in itself. Hopefully I didn't totally destroy that yesterday.

No comments: