Monday, December 27, 2010

Holiday Hoopla

I hope everyone has been having a fantastic holiday. Ours started on Thursday night with my company Christmas party. It was nice to get all dolled up and spend the evening drinking too much celebrating with my colleagues. I received a very generous bonus, which is always a nice way to kick off the holidays.

Showing off the new bod dress:


This is what I looked like Thursday night:


I was quite a sight Friday morning. :-)


Hubs and I dragged our butts out of bed and stumbled to the Running Room to meet some friends for a run. I wasn't feeling so hot at first, but it was nice to get moving and take in the crisp, fresh air. By the end of the run, I felt great.

Friday evening we headed to my Mom's where we found a massive tree and tons of gifts.



We kicked off the festivities eating, drinking, playing board games and being merry with my family.


Bacon-wrapped water chestnuts and french onion stuffed mushrooms. Mmmmm!

Having a laugh playing Cranium

Christmas morning it was time to tear through the pressies. I was thoroughly spoiled!



After gifts and a sugar-laden "breakfast", hubs and I were able to sneak out for a late morning run with our friends Ueli and Patricia who live around the corner from Mom's. The afternoon was then spent playing more games, hanging out with the sibs and getting dinner ready.



After another big day, we were all pooped and crashed pretty early. On Sunday morning the excitement started all over again with the Boxing Day 10-Miler (recap to follow!) followed by Christmas with Mark's family. Phewf... it's a good thing I have a week off to recover from all of this!

I hope you have all had (and continue to have!) a wonderful holiday! I'll be catching up soon...


HBBC Update Dec 18 - 24:
Dec. 18 - run (6.6), Bootcamp (4), F&V (1) = 11.6
Dec. 19 - run (10.9)
Dec. 20 - 0
Dec. 21 - run (6.2), strength./aerobics class (4), F&V (1) = 11.2
Dec. 22 - run (6.3), F&V (1) = 7.3
Dec. 23 - run (3.1)
Dec. 24 - run (8.8)
=52.9

Ongoing Tally Dec. 25-31:Dec. 25 - run (5.4)
Dec. 26 - run (12)
=17.4

44 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen Feeny said...

Wow... that has NEVER happened! LOL!

Girl you look like a knock out in that dress with your hair all did up! :) *cat call*

Looks like you made out like a bandit for Christmas too!

Running Ricig said...

gotta love board games on christmas morning! that's what we did too.

Runners Fuel said...

You look great! Congrats on continuing to run during the holidays! This is always my most difficult time to run.

Unknown said...

fun times!

we like to play games during the holidays too...i could appreciate the photo of you laughing playing cranium.

happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Love the GLAM pictures! And sounds like you did quite a bit of running over the holidays. My first run all week wasn't until sunday, and boy let me tell you how amazing that felt! It was hard to drag myself to the gym but once there I was happy. Enjoy your week off! :)

Christy said...

How mama!! Great pictures!

Merry Boxing Day to you!



Christy
http://christy-goingthedistance.blogspot.com/

Pretend this is real said...

I definitely know the feeling of needing a vacation from vacation! Love the dress!

Shawn said...

Great dress!!!! Have a wonderful New Years and may 2011 be the best yet!
Shawn

Kayla said...

You look great! Love the dress! hope you had a great christmas (sounds like you did)

Jess said...

How fun! When we're with my family for holidays, we always play lots of board games too, and I LOVE Cranium (Jerry hates the whistling one, though).

ajh said...

Was that a ton of gift cards? Fun! You looked great at your party!

Jason said...

Those mushrooms sound awesome but the best part of this post is the Friday hair-do. That is just classic.

Keep on Keepin On Marlene!

misszippy said...

You looked great for your party! And love the next morning pic...we've all been there. Nothing like a good run after to sweat out the poison.

Tricia said...

you look great!

Anonymous said...

Vacation from a vacation?? I always say that!! Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

J said...

Busy busy holiday! You look so cute in your dress! I am so glad to have off this week to just to recover from the past few days!

Nicole said...

hot hot hot!!!


lookin good pretty lady!


love the dress!


looks like you cleaned up at christmas! :)

Jill said...

OMG, girl - you majorly scored at Christmas!! So very jealous...but you so deserve it! You look fantastic in that dress - very stunning!!! :)

Glad you had a great Christmas, especially all the laughter!

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Looks like a great time. I always feel better after my run.

Amy said...

Sounds like a merry Christmas, indeed, and I nice haul on Christmas morning!

MCM Mama said...

Love that morning after picture! Awesome!

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Nice haul on the pressies!

Karen (Toronto Girl West) said...

LOL I love the caption on the first picture! :oP

You've every reason to be proud!!!

Toronto Girl West
http://torontogirlwest.com

H Love said...

you make me laugh and admire you all at the same time! looking strong and love all the loot!

Char said...

I keep telling people that running on Christmas day is not weird. It's not, is it?!

Mark said...

Love the pics!! Happy new year, my friend!

Bethany + Ryan said...

wow!!!! you looked HOT in that dress! way to go!! now the next morning?? well, that looked like a mug shot, LOL. Glad you had such a great Christmas! Happy new year to you and hubby!!

fancy nancy said...

What's up hottie! Lol...especially Friday! Looks like you had a great Christmas!

N.D. said...

soo pretty!!! Happy holidays!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time. Love the Friday morning picture. Tee hee hee.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Laura said...

WooHoo! Hottie in the new dress..nottie on Friday. :)

Lindsay said...

QUELF!!! i see you avoided putting the game name in so that people didn't ask you what the heck it was ;) i was the farmer when we played back at thanksgiving!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ah yes, the recovery time. Looking hot in the new dress. Happy Holidays to you and Hubs.

Denise said...

i swear my body hurts from all the celebrating. i was happy to come back to work today for a few days!

looking so pretty all dressed up! show off that bod, you deserve to!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Santa definitely hooked you up this year ;)

Anonymous said...

Friday morning greatness! Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of love! (Love playing games with the family... thanks for reminding me that we need a game night soon.)

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Lol I love your Christmas party dress- you look gorgeous, but I did laugh very loud at your next morning picture :) At least you managed to run.

Jamie said...

I hear you on the vacation needed from your vacation. Looks like a fabulous holiday!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

You look AMAZING!! and deserve to relax and be spoiled. Happy Holidays.. I PROMISE your card is coming just have to go to the post office...

Unknown said...

You look great in that dress. Do you ever slow down? Wow, what a busy weekend.

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Sooo cute! I love your before and after pics. Hilarious :)

Boris T said...

Nice morning hair, happy holidays!

Teamarcia said...

Super fun holidays and you look amazing dahling! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

looking good in the dress~!

looks like u had a wonderful holiday! yay
bring on 2011!