Wednesday, December 01, 2010

November Numbers

After a disappointing marathon in October, I gave myself some time to get over it lick my wounds. A solid week of laziness downtime left me feeling pretty sluggish and blah toward the end of the month. It took about a week to start feeling like "me" again, and I was able to kick off November with a great attitude and a ton of energy. I knew it was time to Shake Things Up and spent the month overhauling my diet, learning to love crossing training again and returning to my beloved lunch running.

November Numbers:


Mileage: 264 KM / 164 mi

Lunch runs: 15

Cross-training: 15.5 hours

Spin Class: 8 x 1h

Bootcamp: 4 x 1h

Rest Days: 0 (days off running: 2)

Weight Loss: 9 lbs

Body Fat %: -2.3%

It's no wonder I can't keep up with the laundry! I'm really proud of how hard I've worked this month and what I have accomplished.

I've never gone so long without a complete rest day and I'm surprised at how strong I feel with all the activity. I've also never run so many consecutive days. It's not necessarily intentional, but I've been listening to my body and taking it a run/workout at a time. Not being on a training plan gives me a lot of flexibility to do whatever I feel like on any given day, and also allows to me include many shorter runs (3, 4, 5-milers) which I miss during marathon training. I think the variety has really allowed me to increase my overall fitness.

All I know is that I feel fantastic and I'm ready to tackle December and the holidays head on...

Happy Hump Day!
How was your month?

HBBC Update
Tue. Nov. 30: run x 2 (6.2 + 3.8), F&V (1) = 11

44 comments:

Denise said...

holy heck!!! nice work and congrats on the 9 lbs! you're shrinking away to nothing over there!! i bet you feel so good b/c of all the cross training. it makes such a big difference.

now go treat yourself to a cookie!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Woman, You are crazy! November is the month to relax and recover(at least for me). I'm going to log my hours of sleep to have impressive numbers like you......... HA

Anonymous said...

wow marlene! good for u! that is awesome!
i absolutely hate november. i did nothing! hahha
u on the other hand, took the bull by the horns and worked you bootie off! great job!

Pining for Pinterest said...

I wish I had a November like that!! You are awesome :)

Stacey said...

Wow! 9 lbs! Way to go Marlene!!! I agree with Staci, you are awesome!

Fifty K said...

Wow! Very impressive! You had a very busy month.

Unknown said...

You are a machine!

I'm actually of the opinion that you don't always need rest days. I think you've got a good handle on your body and know what it can take. For that matter, you probably could consider a day an active rest day when you run the distance some of us do for long runs...

abbi said...

Impressive month!

Johann said...

Well done, you had a great November! I'm also happy with my November.

Jen Feeny said...

Excellent month there darling!!! Way to go!!!!

Emz said...

seriously?! weight loss 9?!?!

HOly heck woman!

All of it ----- r o c k s !

Jen said...

Holy crap Marlene!! Nice work!!

bobbi said...

Wow!! You are amazing!! Nice month!

Runners Fuel said...

Awesome work!!

Indi said...

wow...you've certainly been busy for sure!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Wow 9 pounds! I'd kill to drop 9 pounds...and keep it off. Ugh! Maybe if I did half of your cross training I could do it. Gee you'd think after all these years I'd be able to make myself do the right thing.

Bring on December !

Julie D. said...

Freakin awesome, marlene!!! way to go!

Lindsay said...

Wait a sec--you lost 9 lbs in a month? I need to quit making excuses... Good lord.

Aron said...

WOW what a month! awesome job on the 9 lbs and ALL the workouts!!

J said...

9 LBS!! WOW! Way to go! I haven't noticed as well that just adding in cross training and not taking any days off from being active really helps you feel stronger!! keep it up!! I just wish I could keep doing this all year long!

Quinton J said...

nice work girl...nice work.

Teamarcia said...

9lbs girl where did that come from ?? You are all kinds of awesome!
Great month!

Heidi said...

WOW Marlene, look at you go! All of those numbers totally impress me. 9 lbs down, 164 miles (during a non-training month). You just rock! Good work.

H Love said...

9 pounds....girl take a rest day! you deserve it!!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Awesome month! I think you deserve a cupcake!

Jill said...

9 lbs??? You STUDETTE woman, you!! Congrats.

Char said...

You've had such an amazing month! Well done on all that hard work.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Nice work!! Fabulous numbers, especially the pounds lost!

Laura said...

Two words:
W
Ow

Unknown said...

great job overall in novemeber. you're putting the rest of us to shame!

Nicole said...

What a great month! go you!

ajh said...

Since I rejoined the running community my month was great. Sounds like yours was outstanding.

Heather said...

Wow, awesome month - way to go!

RunKathyRun said...

Those are amazing stats; I personally think I gained 9 pounds in November.

Tricia said...

hope you have an awesome december!

Unknown said...

Kudos! Way to head into the holidays! Congrats on a great month!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Christine said...

Wow, great month!! Mine was very lazy, first recovering from the marathon and now I'm injured :(

Anonymous said...

Wow- what an amazing month! I wish my body can go with less rest days, but my body needs them!

Boris T said...

Wow heck of month!

Jamie said...

What a month! Nice job on all the activity and being down 9 lbs!

Amy said...

Wow! It's amazing how a lot of shorter runs can add up! Great work on all of the cross training. Happy December!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a rocking month! Way to go! My running totals were way under par, but I'm still healing the footsie.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I gained the 9lbs you lost in November. GRRRRR!!

hugs and congrats to a solid effort..

Unknown said...

Great month and congrats on your weight loss!!