Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy Holidays and a Merry Five Pounds

Yep, in one measly week I have gained five whopping pounds. 5. Ugh. Three turkey dinners, a spread of hors d'oeuvres on Christmas Eve, a few (dozen) too many Christmas cookies and chocolates, wine and lots of it, two restaurant meals (definitely didn't order salad), two fast-food meals (definitely didn't order salad) and plenty of snacking in between. I should not be surprised.

Unfortunately, the holidays are not even over yet and I am NOT missing out on New Year's Eve, no siree!

South Beach Phase 1, here I come again! (Well, in a few more days.) I am armed with two new cookbooks from Mom & Dad - The SBD Quick & Easy Cookbook and The SBD Parties & Holiday Cookbook. I'm determined to shed the holiday bulge (plus 1 lb, which would take me to 175) by the end of January and then I will be back on track!

At least I had a great Christmas! We spent lots of time with our familes and friends, ate tons of yummy food (obviously), went skating at Nathan Phillips Square and put in some solid couch time watchng Season 2 of Grey's Anatomy on DVD. Oh, and lots of fantastic presents! I got an Ipod Nano from the hubby, which makes running on the treadmill tons more enjoyable. Seriously, it makes a difference. It works especially well with the tunes from my new Taylor Hicks CD!

Speaking of running, I have gone to the gym 4 times in the past week (not bad for holidays, eh?) I am now able to go 30 minutes straight at an average speed of 5.5 mph and I'm not even gasping for air! I treated myself to some new ("proper") running shoes and pants (I was getting some serious thigh-burn from the shorts) so I am offically a runner!

That's all for now. Happy New Year and I'll see you on the other side!

No comments: