Friday, December 08, 2006

TGIF!

First, Happy Birthday to one of my South Beach Buddies on WB, Cheryl!

By the time we had dinner last night, Quizno's was closed. I was still too lazy to think about cooking and I knew we were out of salad, so we hit the McDonald's drive-thru. Don't worry, I had a salad - a soggy salad mostly made up of the hard white pieces of iceberg lettuce, some rotton cherry tomatoes and dried up chicken breast. Yuck.

I did make it to the gym last night and burned 400 calories on the arc trainer. After more than a week off, it was exhausting. I think I am going to look for a workout DVD for at home. I need to workout more.

Weighed in this morning at 178.6, only 0.4 less than Sunday. Meh. But at least I didn't gain! I am aiming for 175 by January 1st.

I'm sitting in my office basking in the aroma of fresh bagels right now. I miss bagels! I brought a pork chop and peppers for lunch (cooked in oil, light soy sauce and garlic) so hopefully it will fill me up enough that the catered lunch at 3:30 won't be torture to avoid.* Tonight Mom and I are going to the mall on a mission for a new top for my Christmas party and I'm thinking I'll grab a chicken souvlaki salad from the Greek place in the food court.

That's it for this Friday. We still don't have internet at our new apartment, so I'll be back on Monday...


*3:07 pm update - turns out I didn't have to completely avoid the lunch. It was a buffet feast catered by www.peterandpauls.com and luckily for me, there was a delicious Greek salad, on which I am currently feasting. I also grabbed a Diet Coke. Of course, the ginormous sandwiches on foccacia looked much better and don't even get me started on the chocolate-covered strawberries... but at least there was something edible for a committed South Beacher like me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marlene You are inspireing me to do this you are doing so great with it and I am so proud of you. We miss you guys and hope the move went well Hope yto talk to you all soon and keep up with the awsome work.

Corrie