Saturday, December 16, 2006

Sick :(

It's been a busy few days!

Yesterday was my company Christmas party. I felt sick all day, but some toast and Pepto Bismol finally seemed to help a little and I was okay by Party Time! (Phew!) I indulged in lots of wine, a yummy dinner and cheesecake for dessert. Everything was so good! I didn't even feel guilty. Yay me! Unfortunately, I am not feeling so hot today. It's 4:00 and all I have eaten all day is two pieces of toast. I must have a bug or something.

To make yesterday more interesting, our car died. Three trips to Canadian tire, a few phone calls to our mechanic and a $260 tow later, we discovered that it just needed a new battery. We didn't have time to pick up the car last night, but thankfully, a co-worker gave us a ride to the party and the bosses paid for a cab home. Mark was pretty pleased that he didn't have to be DD afterall!

Not much else to report. I have been staying on track, other than the past couple days. We just went grocery shopping and stocked up on healthy stuff to get me through the next 7 days til Christmas. I'm hoping to lose these 2 lbs. I'm stuck at 177.

Oh, I started running on Thursday! I went to the gym and did my usual 30 minutes of cardio on the arc trainer. For some reason, I decided to jump on the treadmill and walked for 10 minutes. I must have been feeling brave, because I cranked it up to 6 miles per hour and jogged for 10 minutes. I'll try going on the treadmill first next time and see how long I can go. Mark runs regularly and I'd like to be able to join him once my gym membership expres in the Spring.

No comments: