Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ode to winter

There's more to running in the winter than being prepared for the cold. This morning was my first run in the snow and let me tell you, it was an adventure.

The sidewalk conditions varied from ice to snow with the occasional clear patch. I had to keep my eyes on the ground and be constantly prepared for what lay ahead. My feet had to be planted ever so carefully because the slightest mis-step would have had my legs flying out from under me. It was extremely tiring and all the muscles in my legs are sore. I remember the first few times I ran outside, I felt soreness in muscles I didn't know existed. Well, here we go again!

I'm still mastering the art of dressing for the weather. I always seem to be too cold or too warm, usually the latter. I'll figure it out, eventually...

No comments: