Friday, October 09, 2009

TGI (long weekend) Friday!

I have to admit, I haven't had much of a running mojo this week. I think I've been stuck in post-marathon mode, not really motivated to get out there despite the near-perfect weather.

It seems that a quality run with my clinic last night was just what I needed to get out of the funk. We had an interval workout on the schedule: 2 x 400, 2 x 800, 1 x 1600, 2 x 800, 2 x 400.

Here's how it went down.

400m @ 1:48
400m @ 1:45
800m @ 3:49
800m @ 3:43
1600m @ 7:25
800m @ 3:47
800m @ 3:59


I had to skip the last 2 x 400 to make a mad dash for the washroom; I'll spare you any additional details.

Other than that, I felt great throughout the workout, although I started off a little too fast and paid for it in that last 800. I feel good about my recovery and fitness level less than two weeks post-26.2. Two weeks from now I should be in good shape for a strong half marathon.

Happy Friday!


Monday is Thanksgiving here in Canada, which translates to a long weekend! We have some house work, family/friend gatherings and plenty of running on the calendar. It should be a good one!

Good luck to everyone running Chicago on Sunday!

P.S. Shut Up and Run is giving away kisses! Check it out here!

25 comments:

J said...

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the long weekend! That interval workout looks intense! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Had no idea that canada's thanksgiving was in October! The things I learn from blogs..... ;) haha

happy long weekend for both of us!

and YES - that halfmarathon will be niiice and easy for ya :)

ShutUpandRun said...

Great job on the speedwork. I would have to make a mad dash for the bathroom after those laps too.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I can always tell when you are lacking mojo because your posts are less frequent. Glad Marlene got her grove back..

Hugs to great weather on a LONG weekend..

Denise said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the long weekend.

Jamie said...

I don't think I would be able to do those intervals post-marathon. Awesome job!!!

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the long weekend!

Julia said...

Mmmm I am envisioning all sorts of yummy food right now... Enjoy your long weekend!
And you WILL have a great HM!

X-Country2 said...

Mmmm, thanksgiving. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

No Longer Using said...

seriously tho even tho you skipped the last 2 400s that is a DEMANDING workout!!!!!!!!!! lol glad you avoided any awfulness tho :)

you are def in great shape for a strong half. i'm excited you are already back in action!!!

Heather said...

Impressive speed work! Happy Thanksgiving . . . enjoy the long weekend! :)

Nitmos said...

No matter how many your run, the last interval is always the worst. Nicely done though.

Christy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!

joyRuN said...

Dang, Marlene! Check out those speedy repeats on post-marathon legs!!

Have a great weekend :)

Felice Devine said...

Wow, nice repeats! Great job.

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have a nice long weekend!

Aron said...

nice job on the speedwork!! have a great weekend girlie :)

yumke said...

Hey! i'm excited to see how you do in the half,thanks for the support. long weekend is much needed.

Jess said...

Already Canadian T-day? Wow, where has the year gone?

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving--I'm stealing your interval training :) Gosh, you are always giving me great ideas!
Have a great long weekend--its Columbus Day on Monday here but, some of us non-federal, only state employees will be working :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Happy Thanksgiving from a fellow Canadian blogger!

Lindsay said...

happy canadian thanksgiving!

i'm glad i'm not the only one who gets the bathroom-induced speed workouts.... what's up with that?

TNTcoach Ken said...

Happy T-Giving Day and you're still impressing me with your workouts.

Toni said...

Great job on the intervals, very speedy!

Irish Cream said...

AMAZING job on the intervals, girl! I feel like speedwork is always the hardest to get back into post-marathon. But you rocked it! Hope you had a great long weekend! :)