Thursday, October 29, 2009

Three Things Thursday

1. Spin class last night was a success, except that I forgot to eat something before. I was about ready to keel over half way through the class, but made it through. It was an incredible workout head to toe with plenty of core work (off the saddle, hands free) and arms/shoulders (spin push-ups anyone?). I missed this burn!


***


2. The lovely happy go lucky alex has bestowed upon me the Kreativ Blogger Award. (Thanks Alex!)




The rule is: tell you seven things you don’t already know about me. These will be completely random and not very deep. Don't mind me. :)

1. I don't like the taste of coffee. This includes coffee-flavoured desserts.

2. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. (And never will.)

3. My dream car is a VW Beetle.

4. My worst habit is biting my nails. Awful.

5. I've never learned to type properly, but I still type very quickly. At work they call me the 4-fingered bullet.

6. I'm a chronic putter-awayer. I am constantly putting things away that people are still using.

7. I would love to go on What Not To Wear. (Pretty sure I qualify.)

If you'd like to play along, consider yourself tagged.

***


3. It's Julia's turn to host Take it and Run Thursday and she wants to know:



If a genie were to appear and grant you any three running wishes in the world, what would you choose? It can be anything from superhuman powers, new running inventions, race entries, shoes, you name it!

What would be your three wishes?



1. unlimited funds for apparel/equipment, race registration fees and travel [this would also eliminate the necessity of working, which severely limits my time to run]

2. the lean mean running machine bod that I'm striving for

3. injury-free running!

I'm guessing I'm not alone in those desires... what are your 3 wishes?



Happy Thursday (almost Friday)!

28 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Well congrat's on the Kreativ Blogger award....

I'd love a VWbeetle, it was the very first car I learned to drive (yes, I'm old!)...LOL

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

You know what is FUNNY...I would love love to be on What Not to Wear...I think I dress OK so I probably don't apply but I think it would be soooo fun!! Go figure.. and I love coffee.. I guess we are friends who get along because we are different right??

I am there with you on wish #1. No work and money to spare.. I would finally be able to run, take pictures and write. My DREAM!!

B.o.B. said...

Look at you spinny girl! woo hoo! glad you had a good work out.

i am with you on the $$$ for running right now. i would do so many more races all over the world if i could. sigh. back to work i go. lol!

Unknown said...

Hmmm...maybe you could do some kind of online virtual what-not-to-wear. That sounds like fun! Don't you just love a good spin class, next to a hard run, it's my favorite!

Unknown said...

Injury free running and perfect health and the $$ for racing and training would be great. Fun post.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, my fav car is a VW convertible bug! I live with a putter awayer and it kills me, I leave stuff out just to annoy her. No genie wishes, that stuff always messes up something else.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am pretty sure I matched about 5 of your 7... yikes.

great 3 wishes... I have to ditto your same 3.

ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats on the award!

Hmm, 3 wishes, I think mine would be:

1) My hubby to be able to run again (can't due to bad knees)

2) Shoe manufacturers to keep models I love around for longer

3) More VO2 :-)

Anonymous said...

Definitely Injury free running and unlimited race funds!! hands down, best choices. :)

Stacy and Clinton would LOVE you!! Ah, I'm obsessed with that show. If you go on it, make sure you get some fabulous sheos too. ;)

Jamie said...

Love your lists! I totally want to go on WNTW and bite my nails (yuck!)

J said...

I love "What not to wear"!! It is one of my favorite shows! I would love it if you were on it!

I want to be a lean mean running machine too. I feel like even losing 5lbs would make a difference. I know Lacey talked about that yesterday and I think its an interesting point!

Happy Thursday!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i echo your 3 wishes!!! awesome that you got back to a spin class!

btw, such a small running world eh? I know Deb from your running group as she was in my tri group! LOL unforgettable summer indeed!

Jess said...

No one likes the taste of coffee at first. But you have to be diligent, and then the caffeine addiction will set in, and you'll LOVE the taste of it!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great wishes! I think we are all looking for $$$, no injuries & a better bod!!

What Not To Wear! LOL! I am with you on that one. My poor family only wishes I get picked.

Denise said...

Love the little tid bits about you. Have you tried that nasty tasting clear nail polish to try to break the habit?

Heather said...

I've never smoked a cigarette either, and I too would love to go on What Not to Wear. My mom and I watch that show together whenever she comes to visit and then try to recreate it when we go shoppping.

Heather said...

I've never smoked a cigarette either, and I too would love to go on What Not to Wear. My mom and I watch that show together whenever she comes to visit and then try to recreate it when we go shoppping.

Gotta Run..... said...

you nailed it on the wishes!!!

My husband did the Goofy Challenge twoo years ago. You are going to love it! tons of people and tons of fun. Carrying all that bling around your neck will be the hard part.

No Longer Using said...

yes! i want all of the above:)

i ALSO am a chronic putter-awayer!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe i can just see you putting something away someone is using. too funny. YOU NEED TO GO ON WNTW! ASAP!!!

No Longer Using said...

p.s. i only say that b/c it would be amazing i am not knocking your style sense :)

RunToTheFinish said...

hah I would love to be on what not to wear too..though they'd probably take away all my lovely running clothes that I wear too often

Irish Cream said...

OMG, I LOVE What Not To Wear!! Best show ever . . . we should totally nominate you! That would be so much fun!! Although there would seriously have to be a rule that they couldn't take your precious running gear!! :)

Felice Devine said...

Nice wishes.

I'd love to be on WNTW, too. That would just be so cool.

Anonymous said...

Kongrats on your award! Spinning is tough- way to go!

A Toronto girl out West said...

Have you ever used a trainer to replicate a spinning bike at home?

joyRuN said...

I love everything coffee-flavored! My fave ice cream is coffee :)

Laura said...

My Friday nights are so sad now that WNTW isn't on at the moment.

Lindsay said...

lol about wntw. you aren't old enough to qualify yet!! fun list all around!

can that #1 wish apply to life in general? ;) is it bad that i would wish for my six-pack instead of work for it?