The following week I got out for another hour-long ride and I was slightly less chicken. This is something I'd like to continue regularly
The view from two wheels...
- riding downhill is scary; maybe I'll get over this eventually, but for now I am basically riding the brakes any time I don't have to pedal.
- the (summer) temp feels sooo much better on the bike; that breeze provides a great cooling effect.
- hitting a swarm of bugs at the higher velocity is no fun *cough choke gag*
- other cyclists rarely acknowledge me, even when I smile/nod/wave; I always make an effort, on foot or on wheels. maybe they are just intimidated. ;)
- no, this does not mean I am venturing towards the dark side!
- I still haven't mastered the art of retrieving my water bottle, taking a sip and putting it back while in motion.
- How on earth does Emily take self-portraits while riding?
- I kind of wish I had bought a mountain bike - my hybrid tires feel unstable if I hit dirt/gravel or a bump. Maybe I just need to get used to it.
- it would be faster to run up (some) hills!
- this is FUN! I feel like a kid as soon as I strap on that helmet and straddle the seat.
- I think I need to get a basket for the front. And a bell.