Thursday, June 23, 2011

Three Things Thursday

Better late than never...


1. This time last year I was making my way (after several flight/airport delays) to Seattle where Tall Mom and her family graciously hosted me for a few days. I had the honour of running the Seattle R'n'R Marathon with Tall Mom (as well as Amanda for the first few miles, but she was too fast for us that day!) and got to know a ton of other awesome bloggers in the process. It was an amazing weekend and I wish I could be part of the fun all over again!




I hope everyone has an awesome time this weekend and best wishes especially to Kerrie and Zoe who are running their first marathon! Go get it, girls!


2. I went on a mini shopping spree today to pick up just a few essentials to go along with my new toy. Wow, I can see how this sport could easily get very expensive but I didn't get carried away! Just the basics to keep me safe and comfortable.


AND I successfully cycled to and from the Running Room for our group run! It gave me a great excuse to show off the new bike too. :) I got caught in the rain on the way home and it was just starting to get dark; I think I need to get myself some lights!?


3. I'm in the middle of a TOP SECRET PROJECT which involves a lot of running shoes. Find out what this is all about tomorrow...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nooooooo... don't do it, turn away from the dark side... turn away... come back to the light... I don't want to be alone over here.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Has it been a year already????? A running shoe Xmas tree????

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Seattle was one year ago! Time flies! You look adorable in riding gear, by-the-way. Stay safe!

Amy said...

I'm intrigued! What's going on with the shoes?

Anonymous said...

Omigawsh, whatever project you have up your sleeve, is probably totally awesome! I love looking back to years past and reminiscing about past races.

Char said...

I love runner's (cyclist's) ideas of shopping sprees. No handbags and high heels for us. It's all technical fabric and running shoes. I guess our brains are just wired differently.

Meg said...

Excited for you guys! :)

Gotta Run..... said...

my hubby is the reason why I began riding. Somedays I think he wish I would go back to running Ultra's. It hurt out budget way less than the bike does.... BUT I am loving it too much to let it go :)

Riding for a felmale racing team has helped out a ton though. I count myself very BLESSED!!

Laura said...

Stay away while you can! My hubs's bike stuff is worth more than my car...
Very interesting in the shoe project!!

Denise said...

biking is the most expensive thing ever. i can't even believe how much i've dropped since march. needess to say, i won't be quitting my job any time soon.

Running Ricig said...

that running shoe picture looks mildly ominous...i can't wait to hear about it.

No Longer Using said...

seriously time goes by SO FAST!! like whoosh.

LOVE THE SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! super excited to find out....!!!

Runners Fuel said...

Looks like you're all set up for your bike. That is a lot of shoes!

Emily said...

love the new cycling gear!!

ajh said...

I need some biking gloves. Did you get the kind with gels?
Love the look of the surprise to come.
And yes biking seems expensive. I keep finding more stuff I need! A lock, gel gloves, and on and on. I do have flashing lites that attach easily plus a stonger beacon for the front that I used last fall.
BEst purchase hands down - my rain pants.

Anonymous said...

Ha, I'm very curious about that last picture.

Bike equipment adds up SO quickly! It's very different than just stocking up on some weather-appropriate clothes + running shoes. Glad you got some essentials, though! :) Lookin' goood

J said...

I cannot believe it has been a year! Time sure does fly!

Richelle said...

I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve regarding all those running shoes!

I'm so excited to read everyone's race reports from Seattle. It sounds like such a fun race!

Love the cycling gear! Blinking tailights are a must!

Still Running said...

Stop the biking madness!