Monday, October 31, 2011

October 2011

Total Run Mileage: 223.9 KM (139.1 mi)

Highest Weekly Run Mileage: 74.4 KM (46.2 mi)


# Runs: 21

# [Run] Doubles: 1

Cycling Mileage: 81.2 KM (50.5 mi)


 # Swims (Distance): 5 (8850m)

Races: Just one (but I made it count!): Toronto Waterfront Marathon




Favourite Run: See above!

Most Hardcore Run: 3 x 4000 MRP run at 4am on the coldest morning (at that point) so far this season




Book of the Month: currently reading and loving Born to Run

Song of the Month: It Will Rain by Bruno Mars (Breaking Dawn I soundtrack)



Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: watching season 1 of Glee while cycling indoors

Obsession of the Month: my Birthday is always the "obsession" for October 

Indulgence of the Month: there were many, but my favourite were these salted chocolate caramels. mmmmmm! Why have I not discovered these sooner??


Drink of the Month: we had some variety...


Current Wish-List: for these comfortable fall temperatures to stick around MUCH longer! I'm not ready for what comes next.

Current Need: shedding post-marathon excess bulge... amazing what kind of damage a week "off the wagon" can cause

Triumph of the Month: new PR/BQ and proving that a different kind of training cycle works too!



Current Bane of my Existence: Christmas decorations all over the malls/stores far too early (in my opinion) - I love Christmas, but could they have at least waited until after Halloween?

Current Blessings: my health and the ability to do what I love with the best support system a girl could ask for.

Current Excitement: shelling out to the cute little trick-or-treaters tonight!

Current Goal: to fulfill my role as 2:00 half marathon pacer next weekend with steady splits and having lots of fun in the process! 


Happy Halloween!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a great month. great job.

happy halloween to you too!

Unknown said...

Good job for October! Next weekend, you'll do great as the pacer! Stay strong and think of all of those who you are motivating ... that alone will keep you on track.

Unknown said...

great month!

and as my daughter was saying "happy halloweekend!" (which sadly has come to an end)

RunToTheFinish said...

good golly, you are just on fire!!! seriously your progress is so fun to watch! I can't wait to run with..ok behind you in Philly

mmm carmel anything is pretty much up my alley

Laura said...

Those caramels would not stand a chance in our house.
I am so not ready for snow. At all. This weekend was awesome to run in stay all winter for all I care.
Another GREAT month!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Awesome month! Good luck pacing. I know you'll be great.

Also, feel free to send me some of those chocolate caramels. I'm going to have a marathon to recover from too...

macnic said...

Great month. Did you get those salted chocolate caramels at Whole Foods? I'll see you on Sunday, Mrs Pacer!

Fran said...

Great month Marlene!

I love Glee and not ashamed to admit it either :)

Christmas decorations can be bought already here too, I don't like it either. Same as Eastern treats in January, don't like that either.

Have a great November.

Jason said...

How fun to be a pacer. I want to do that one time myself. Looks like a great month once again for a great person.

Love the look of the choco-caramel face.....pure hilariousness (made up word)

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

I'd love to have you as a pacer! Fantastic month as always Marlene!
:)

Jen Feeny said...

Happy Halloween and congrats again on a pretty epic birthday month of awesomeness!!!!!!

J said...

Oh yeah - a week of indulgence aka my honeymoon really packed on a few pounds which i was surprised about. But that is what happened when you have alcohol with every meal! Great job this month! I agree - I do not like seeing the Christmas stuff up yet :( To early! It was up here around the beginning of October. You are definitely a bad influence about this whole marathon thing. Lots of stuff is going on here in the morning runner household - we will see what happens! I just hope I can run as fast as you!

Amanda@runninghood said...

What a great training month for October. How fun to be a half marathon pacer...I'd like to do this after Boston training. I really liked Born To Run at first and then I fizzled. Loved learning more about you.

misszippy said...

I think October was your month! Really, all of 2011 has been yours for the taking--way to go! And please send me some of those caramels!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Killer month! Sweet mileage (because I care waaaay too much about nubmers!)

I love the sweaty pic of you. I miss warm weather already...blah!! to snow in october!

Born to Run is a great story.

Salted caramels are yummy. I try to NOT have them in the house.

Too early for Christmas decorations, agreed.

Felice Devine said...

GREAT month!!
I loved Born to Run. But, I pretty much love any running book. I'm just that geeky!

Love all of your pics!

Char said...

Don't feel any guilt about watching Glee. There's nothing shameful about it - or should I have been feeling ashamed for the last couple of seasons?

Anonymous said...

Another big month, another huuge PR and another list of well-deserved indulgences! I'd say you had a very successful October ;)

Something you should know: you have been one of the Biggest motivators for me to really set marathon GOALS, not just keep running them "to finish" and/or "have fun" (seriously, when is a marathon all that much "fun"? haha). Thank you so much for being willing to push your limits and put it all out there!

Joanna said...

A co-worker let me borrow Born to Run and I've neglected it for a while. You have me thinking maybe I should give it a higher priority. And salted caramels, YES please! Congrats on another great month!

Lindsay said...

Do you give out the good candy? I sure so hope so... I guess October was an OK month for you. Marathon Pr/bq, eh. Hopefully you can do better in November ;)

MCM Mama said...

I'm addicted to the salted caramel drink at starbucks (and to all the chocolate/peanut butter candy bars that my kids brought home from trick or treating LOL).

You are rocking 2011!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your monthly update posts! They're easily my favourite blog posts that I read. I'm not exactly sure why, but I do know that I love a great conclusion! Keep up the great posts!

Anonymous said...

What a month! :) You totally rocked it this month. I loved reading this recap --and it's inspiring me to finally write mine for October. It was a good month for everyone!

Nicole said...

you have pretty much rocked every month this year! 2 more to go you little rockstar you!!!! when do you start training for boston? :)

Richelle said...

Awesome work, Marlene! I am constantly impressed by your strength, tenacity and upbeat attitude.

Sea salt caramels are the bomb!

I totally agree with you on the Christmas decorations. I'd love to enjoy one holiday without the reminder that another one is just around the corner. :)