Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Kinda in limbo

While I'm falling into a routine of getting to the gym Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings, I would like to be running outdoors more. It's just so hard to fit it in on gym nights. I did get out for a run Saturday morning and had planned another run on Sunday, but I wasn't feeling too hot after my Birthday party Saturday night! I will (hopefully) start going out on Saturday and Sunday starting this weekend, and I'll feel a little better about that. I guess I'm just feeling a little lost right now. The strength training is really important to me, but it's frustrating (disappointing, even?) that I can't devote as much of my time and energy to running.

Know what I mean?

One bit of good news - I ran my fastest 5k ever on the treadmill last night... 26:15!! BUT, I feel like it doesn't really count because it was on the treadmill. I guess this is also what I'm getting it. In a way, I'm discrediting running on the treadmill. I know it can be a valuable part of training and hey, it's how I started! But still....

But yeah, I'm still stoked about by 26:15!

Meh, I'm blabbing! Anyway, I'm really eager for my Running Room clinic to start in December. That will be two runs outside per week, no matter what. It should be fun!

I got $100 in Running Room gift cards for my Birthday and I am definitely putting that toward some cold weather running gear. Can't wait to go shopping! I also got a great jacket for my B-day, pictured below. But anyone who knows me will not be surprised that mine is pink!

No comments: