Monday, March 23, 2009

Just another manic Monday

For the most part, last week went well. I feel like I'm back in the groove, although I'm frustrated that my comfortable pace is 15-20 seconds/KM slower than pre-accident. I know I just have to be patient and for now I should be focusing on building up the mileage.

Quick recap of last week:

Monday: 5K
Tuesday: xtrain (HOT)
Wednesday: 10K
Thursday: off (major DOMS)
Friday: Hooray Spring 6K
Saturday: 17K
Sunday: off

17K went well. I probably should have checked the weather first because I was running a 'destination' route from home to my Mom's house - the entire run I headed south into the wind! Combined with some serious hills, I definitely got some resistance training, but my energy level was good, no aches or pains and a great run overall. It actually felt easier than last weekend's 14K.

The plan for this week:

Monday: 6K at lunch, 60-minute Spin class tonight
Tuesday: HOT
Wednesday: 10K w/ Run Club
Thursday: ~12K with clinic - Yasso 800s
Friday: off
Saturday: 20K
Sunday: Around the Bay - cheering for hubby and many of our friends, especially Mel (!!!) E.T.A.: and Sonia and Marci!

But first, it's time to catch up on your blogs!

25 comments:

J said...

I hate running into the wind! have fun this week with those 800 repeats! can't wait to hear how it goes! have a good week!

X-Country2 said...

I HATE wind! Good luck this week.

Mark said...

Looks like a real good plan and a well thought out week coming up. Enjoy the Yassos! The wind is crazy strong down here, too!

Denise said...

Hang in there. You'll be back to that pace in no time!

Jess said...

Glad to hear you're getting back into your groove so easily!

Vickie said...

Your training is going great too. I know you are frustrated with the speed issue, but it will come back. My doctor told me after my accident that for every week you are hospitalized I could expect 6 months of recovery. It actually was more like 2 years but part of it was recovering first then rebuilding, so you are probably in that phase now.

tfh said...

It's cool that you can do a destination run like that-- and although it's less fun, running into the wind the whole way has great training benefit!

Heather said...

Good week of training. Running into the wind is tough, especially when you don't have that mental boost of knowing you can turn around and run with the wind on your way back!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

ugh... wind, but good job on the run, and try not to be hard on yourself for speed... i still think you're super speedy :) See you Sunday! Yay!

Marci said...

You will be back and faster in no time!! I am at ATB Sun as well, although I may just be a spectator if this cold doesn't go away!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am pretty sure I moved to the windiest place. It is so windy all the time... makes for a crappy long run.

Run Sarah said...

Awesome 17k! It's been really windy here too, I just want sunshine!

Sonia said...

Seriously the fact that you're already out there is awesome. The speed will come back. At least that's what I'm telling myself!!!

Eh for ATB this week-end, I'm having a post-race meet and greet with people from runningmania.com. It's going to be a big group, 45+ people not all members of RM. You're welcome to join us it's here:

http://www.acclamation.ca/

Marcy said...

Oooohhh Sunday is going to kick butt! I'm so stinkin jealous :-(

Unknown said...

Good job with your training!!

I Run for Fun said...

Great week. Focus on the miles...the speed will come back.

teacherwoman said...

Last week looked pretty dang good, girl! Cheers to another great week!

Unknown said...

I'm so scared of the fact that my pace will be quite a bit slower then it was before I got injured when I return.

joyRuN said...

You have some jam-packed weeks there, girl!

That's great your windy run felt better than your last weekend's 14K. Conditioning coming back.

Brian said...

The countdown is on for the race! I hate running into the wind, I can never tell when I head out and just get hit with it, ugh!

Gotta Run..... said...

Running into the wind is a killer BUT it will make you stronger :)

Sore seat from spin. If only I could have shared the real details of my "tender spot" I might have had people rolling in the floor.

Felice Devine said...

Ack! The wind! It is so tough, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Yuck on the hills and wind, but way to get it done! Now you have that song stuck in my head:)

Laurel said...

Sounds like a pretty good week! Don't fret the speed, your body is healing well. It will come back soon.

Lindsay said...

sounds like a hardcore week! (and much more hardcore than mine, lol) hope it has been going well. don't worry about your speed and all, it'll come back!