Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Long Weekend Recap!

I kicked off an extra long weekend with a day off on Friday. I needed an extra day to get caught up on house work and get a jump-start on preparations for a party we were hosting on Sunday. I also spent some time at the mall and finally put a dent in those gift cards.



After trying on just about every pair of jeans in the entire mall, I finally splurged on these babies when I slid them on and had a total jeangasm. My first ever $100 jeans and soooo worth it.



Saturday morning, of course, was the 30K run in arctic hell.

That night lilmeg and I along with some of our other wacky friends successfully pulled off the surprise of the century for our friend's 35th Birthday before she headed to Cozumel. There was screaming, there were tears, there were margaritas. It was epic.

On Sunday I passed up the rare opportunity to sleep-in in favour of hitting the gym and heading out to snap some photos of my training group on their long run. Coach likes to put together an enormous slide show at the end of clinic, so I was happy to chip in and snap some pics. 

Don't they look happy to see me??

Tim Horton's was required...


And finally, Sunday evening was our main event for the long weekend - hubs and I hosted a "Winterrific Warm-Up" get-together. We spent the afternoon and evening hanging out with our family and friends, beating the February blues with lots of good food, wine and laughs.


This is my awesome family. <3
L-R: sister Emily, Mom (looks more like a sister, I know!),
sister April, me, brother James

with my handsome hubby:

and some of our awesome friends...





We were lucky to have Monday off (Family Day) for some down-time after a busy weekend.

How was your weekend? I don't know about you, but I could really use an extra day (or two) off every week... 

32 comments:

kristen said...

I could definitely use a four day weekend every weekend...now if only that didn't involve a pay cut...

A winterrific warmup party is a great idea! I might have to host one sometime soon.

My weekend involved a lot of studying- I'm taking a class and it is the first time I'll have to write an exam since I finished university in 2003...I'm a little freaked out.

Laura said...

Great pics!
We need family day every month...having yesterday off totally messed me up. But I don't care..4 day work weeks rule.

Running Ricig said...

holy cow, your mom really does look like she could be your sister! wild!

i spent my weekend relaxing as much as possible. It was my first weekend with downtime in months. Glorious

Anonymous said...

fun fun fun!
and yay for new jeans. i need some too!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

That food just made me so hungry! And are you wearing the jeans in those pictures? I think we need a full length shot of those!

Teamarcia said...

Fun fun party! Ok am I weird or does it look like your bro is peeking out from under your dress? I sat here looking at the empty chair next to you going where's James? And then I realize you're not even wearing a dress....I'll stop now.

Shannon said...

I LOVE Silvers! Those are my favorite jeans and they almost always fit right!

Jill said...

You crazy girl, you always make me smile! I totally need jeangasm jean - they look amazing!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Wow I've never heard of Family Day, but it sounds like a good day :) We have Presidents Day here. Your get together on Sunday night looks great- very important to beat the Feb. blues!

Runners Fuel said...

Love all the pictures!

J said...

Lucky you had yesterday off! I am taking Friday off! First day off since Christmas! Definitely needed! I still refuse to buy expensive jeans...maybe someday!

J said...

Oh and did you see roll up the rim is back at Tim Hortons!! I will be making daily stops now at Timmy's!

Emily said...

fun weekend! I'm all for making three day weekends a permanent addition to my life!

Jess said...

Sounds like a great weekend and what a fun party!

Being Robinson said...

oh good jeans = totally worth it. i've been on that wagon for awhile and now can't get off of it. it's a problem. what a fun weekend, i believe the world would be a better place if we all had 4-day work weeks. sigh.

ajh said...

Looks like a great weekend! I bought two pairs of jeans yesterday and one was 50. NOw that looks great! Jealous of your terrific ones!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Jeangasm?????? Does that mean they fit? LOL

Emz said...

I
will
personally
fly
to Canada
and
hurt
you [softly] ;)
if you
spend
$100 on
jeans
again
[unless they retailed for $675].

Girl, I've got jean connections.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

What a wonderful long weekend! so jealous of the party hosting. I have never done that.ever. It seems like so much fun!

You are wearing those jeans?! You look great!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had such a wonderful and fun weekend! Yes your mom does look like she could be your sister! Oh and yay for new jeans! :)

Char said...

A four day week is a great proposal. More recreation, I say!

Aron said...

looks like a fabulous weekend!!! I could definitely use an extra day off right about NOW! :)

Carlee said...

Great weekend. Looks like my idea of perfection!

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Holy crap, Mom DOES look more like a sister! And I didn't even notice bro until I read your caption. lol

Samantha said...

It was cold on Saturday...good job getting through that awesome run!!

Nicole said...

Looks like a great weekend! I love shopping!!!

MCM Mama said...

I need to see a better picture of you in the jeans. Get on it. ;o)

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

A pair (or two) of pricey jeans are totally worth it!! I HATE jean-shopping, and when I find a good pair I snatch 'em so I don't have to do the process again for a while...haha. ugh.

What a FUN weekend you guys had!! Love all the pics :)

Richelle said...

Silver jeans fit so well! I wish they weren't so expensive...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Thanks for posting pics!

Lindsay said...

What kind of crap do you 'nucks think you can pull? Family Day? WTF is that? You people need to get it together like us 'mericans. Our society and economy are so successful.

Jeans: I need a new pair. Or two. I'm too lazy to shop/try-on and I do not want to know what size I need. Last time I bought jeans was in college and I'm sure they have stretched with me...

Denise said...

i think every wknd should be a long wknd.

i hate shopping for jeans. HATE it! glad you found a pair you love.

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun time! Great pics, family and food!

Oh, and are you wearing those $100 jeans right now? I would SLEEP in them if I paid that much - LOL! Good for you for treating yourself.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey