2. I couple of weeks ago I had a pretty bad streak of forgetfulness - it was the week after we returned from Antigua, in fact. (Hmmm, makes sense now... I left my brain at the beach!)
- On a Wednesday night I left my shoes behind after our group run. (I had packed a clean/dry pair because I was headed straight to the grocery store post-run.) I didn't even realize I had forgotten them until a friend who works at the store let me know. It wasn't a big deal since I was able to pick them up before our run the following night, but I am not one to leave things behind... Little did I know, this was only the beginning.
- The next night we had our clinic session and run. I came home from work, changed and ate in a rush as usual and headed to the store. A few minutes onto the run, I noticed that something felt off. I was still wearing my underwire bra! There was no turning back so I had a good laugh with the girls and stuck it out. Aside from some minor annoyance with the strap continuously falling down, it wasn't too uncomfortable - but I definitely don't recommend it!
- The next day I packed my bag as always for a run over lunch and wouldn't you know, I forgot to pack socks!! All I could do at this point was shake my head at myself. I decided to run in my work socks, which wasn't too bad except that I was then stuck wearing them for the rest of the work day. Did I mention there were a lot of puddles that day?
3. I'm on a recovery week and while I'm doing a little bit less running, I've decided to do a little bit more cross-training. I've had the P90X set sitting around for a while and finally decided to pop one in on Monday night - Yoga X. I only had time for half of the 90 minute workout, but I'm not sure I could have survived the whole thing anyway. This yoga is no joke! My heart was pumping, my skin was glistening and my muscles were trembling as we powered through each set of movements. I finished off the second half of the workout on Tuesday night.
Last night I hit up a spin class for the first time in a couple of weeks - always an awesome workout and fun way to mix things up. I have bootcamp and a hot yoga class lined up for later this week!
Do you bump up the cross-training on your recovery weeks?