Friday, August 22, 2008

Beautiful Bobcaygeon

I ran this route virtually every day while on vacation. It was a short and sweet 4K - just long enough to get me moving, but short enough that it didn't take too much time away from relaxing.

Most of the route took me alongside the sparkling blue waters of Sturgeon Lake. Nothing like a cool breeze off the lake and an incredible view to keep me going.



I crossed a bridge heading into "downtown" Caygeon.



And a mandatory rest stop as the infamous "swing bridge" opened for a boat passing through the lock.



A jog along the boardwalk...



Pausing to take in the view...



Passed the beach...



Back down the road alongside the lake...



And eventually up the quiet street leading back to the cottage.

2 comments:

Christy said...

What beautiful scenery to run by. Very jealous at the moment, much better than my rows and rows of houses ;)

ShoreTurtle said...

Great photos. My best runs are near water whether it's an ocean, lake, river, canal or stream. I always find it relaxing.